Search results

1. N

Powder Coating

Yes, anyone can powder coat at home. :approve: If you have any questions let me know. I also post on Eastwood's site under the name TechnicalHelp4U. At this time, I do not powdercoat for others - but will soon be coating smaller parts up to 3' here in Indiana inexpensively and also offer on...
  2. N

Supercharger!?!?

Yes, me too. For under 1K us I would spring for a supercharger manifold. Possibly I can find a local fab shop to rework my oem one. I have a spare.
  3. N

Turbo and Supercharger done in SC400 ???

:approve: Yes, me too. Waiting for warmer weather to pull parts of the spare 1UZ and go down that path.
  4. N

Celsior Air-Con Screen ( Is mine just a Bulb issue )

Probably the bulbs. You need to solder in new ones. A real PITA. Be careful with the LCD - do not bend it back to get to the bulbs - desolder it. Peter
  5. N

Memory seat trouble shooting 92 sc400

Ok. I will check some schematics tonight. Does your tilt away function work? Peter
  6. N

Remote Key Re-program

Yep, you have that tiny little eeprom inside. Sorry buddy, those keys are worthless now.... :( It is really goofy how they did that on the older ones. I guess the flash technology just wasn't there to reflash the chips easily (or inexpensively). Peter
  7. N

Memory seat trouble shooting 92 sc400

Does the original door lock remote work? Is the remote switch on? The memory function is tied into this and the OEM RKE needs to be working for this to work. Peter
  8. N

Remote Key Re-program

What year lex? I belive the cut off is 94/95. Before that you need the little eeprom chip inside the keyless brain to work with the original keys.
  9. N

Amp question

Sgnd You are keeping the OEM head unit? Then sure, the outputs from the OEM Head unit are low level and will work with the aftermarket amp fine.Use Sgnd for the speaker - (signal ground)
  10. N

Plastic Prototype Modelling

Awesome link. I have a friend (whom I've lost touch with, unfortunatly) who worked for Dana in the early 1990's. He would frequently rapid prototype various items for friends. His used some sort of a cellulose paper fiber with a binding 'glue'. The ABS process is neat and very...
  11. N

Amp question

Yes. It is very easy. Just follow the pinouts. Peter
  12. N

1979 bmw 340i engine bay photos

Very nice! Reminds me of the first engine rebuild I did, back in 1984 on a 1974 BMW Bavaria with the I6 and dual carbs... ahhhh nostalgia. Good work!
  13. N

Amp question

Did you try sending a signal to those speakers up front? Let me know if you decide to dump that old amp. I've plan on dissecting some more of the sc electronics in the future. Peter
  14. N

Need to borrow a 1UZ cylinder head

I have both sitting on an engine here in Terre Haute, IN. Sure we can work something out, but I won't have time to pull any parts off the engine until mid Jan. Peter
  15. N

Powder Coating

PS: Urethane is ok for underhood applications but Epoxy would be best. Anyway, that wrinkle is not a Urethane but either an epoxy or a polyester tgic free (technically a carboxyl polyester cured with Powderlink) and I was formulating with that chemistry back in the early 90's. It will work...
  16. N

Powder Coating

I am your man when it comes to powdercoating. We can work something out. I've got my project V8 here and will be coating some parts which I can show you. Check out my website here: www.technicalhelp4u.com/powder
  17. N

Amp question

Did/do you have the lexus cell phone? Some have reported a problem with corrosion on the mute circuit. Peter
  18. N

Too many electrical upgrades for the sc400?

Its mainly preventive anyway I upgraded on the SC300 when I added many similar items such as yourself.. including 2 JL 4 channel amps and many other items. Made a slight improvement in a consistent idle. P
  19. N

Big Electrical porblem, need help, 1994 LS400

ahhh. the ghosts! Funny, I had a similar problem and started a post on cl about this a number of years ago. Bottom line for my SC 300, 93 5spd was a new battery AND new ground cables. Made a huge difference. Peter
  20. N

Anyone Installed Their Own Alarm??

I would just disable the factory, but not remove. As far as installing the remote start... Do you have a service manual? Have you ever installed a car stereo without a premade harness...ie needed to cut wires? If so then I can point you in the right directions. Its a really easy install...