Search results

1. L

LS400 only starts off quick start?!?!?

My lex just keeps turnin over when u turn the key until the battery dies. But got frustrated after a couple days of not being able to drive it and decide to utilize some starting fluid. Of course it starts off the spray, but what i wasnt expecting was that it stayed on, idled smooth, and drove...
  2. L

Differential Diagnoses for Ignition Failure

yeah, i thinki fried mine once by sprayin NOS wit plat 4's instead of iridium. Pushed car home to driveway, and then it would start for two days. after praying one night, it started, of course w/ sputter and all that. But anyway, it was obvious after that. Check coil on top first since it was...
  3. L

nitrous on a 92 sc400?

This was my current justification on timing retarding, though i know its ULTIMATLY FALSE. The car has an automatic timing set which changes timing during different driving conditions (fast, slow, idle, red light racing). Therefore, my explanation to myself for risking blowing out my block is...
  4. L

fuel filter

just an input, but it took me 3 months to find my fuel filter. Had too much pride to ask anybody a simp question like that. I gave up looking for it until i stumble acroos a peek of it while under the car doin some body work. Went to get the fuel and realized i'd lost it in the 2 months i kept...
  5. L

Common But Abnormal Problem for LS400

Hey, im kinda late on the reply, but after driving the car all day, 4-5 hours, it begins to not start by key. Since im a king at riggin things i thought to take the cover off the green starter relay its self. Basically making the post touch it will start the engine if the key is already in the...
  6. L

starts and then stalls, when going runs perfect

Was just reading the post, i have a 90 ls and about once a week it'll do on a very cold start, i dont have to rev it to 3000, but i have to give it some gas to about 1000 until it wil fly on its own. I only crank it about 4-5 times a week so i thought it was just a result of that. i know its...
  7. L

7MGE Vs. 1UZFE Injectors

well, since the installation, i've of course wanted more. seeing that my pockets werent as deep as i need them to be i gotta shop around for all upgrades that have a cost benefit ratio. What if come out of my chambers with is that basically, nitrous solves all problems. Even though its aimed...
  8. L

Supercharger!?!?

I found some threads from 2 years ago in the archives of this site. Shouldve done background first, my bad. Seems like this contraversy as been an on going dispute. Neil is very nice, and context clues tells me hes Blown SC. The contract I suppose is still legal, and the 1UZFE mods are as rare...
  9. L

Supercharger!?!?

Dont know if this has been discovered, but i found contacts for a supercharger setup. Its spaced out between about 3 to 4 Austrailian "mates", but all comes together with an e-mail and they promptly respond. Mighta ran across it before, a website at rushimports.com.au, i asked him all the...
  10. L

NOS Results...

I have this guy at the muffler shop who said he can do my exhuast. But my goal is to keep the car as quiet as possible. As of now all u can hear is the slight tcking of the valves so u dont even know the cars running. I know the stock exhaust is low flow, but i wanna havethe perception of a...
  11. L

NOS Results...

Well, the mercedes was the big 500 body style, it said amg on the back but he mighta just glue those on there for fools like me, i didnt look for duals. As for my mods, i havnt done too much towards performance. I bought the car in february after totalling out my acura legend which was pimp as...
  12. L

NOS Results...

And yeah the average bottle pressure is about 850psi. I guess the palm beach sun keeps the bottle hot enough being that its installed where my back seat arm rest used to be. And what plugs are u running, because theres these NGK Iridiums made the Bosch +4's feel like crap
  13. L

NOS Results...

Oh yeah!!! I'ma do that as soon as possible. Though i think the zex kit that i have keeps the output pressure the same. I wanna upgrade the fuel pump but i gotta cut the area out where its at being that i built a fiberglass speaker box for tha 4 12's permanantly along the ridge at the top of the...
  14. L

NOS Results...

Turned out to be the top coil. It was giving out a weak signal, you could literally hold while the engine was running. Dont know if it had anything to do do with thte NOS or not. It was a hard choice picking out new coils because one was 40 bucks, and the bosch was 160. Figured a spark was a...
  15. L

NOS Results...

Well, i've had this on going from the FIAT section for those who followed. But the NOS was installed before i got the rims and music done, so i just began spraying. Results are pretty miraculas, 100 dry shot did a significant on speed (note: the only cars i've personally taken to its limit was...
  16. L

Ignition Timing Adjustments??

I need to adjust the ignition timing on a 90 ls. Though i see the markings atop the crank shaft, and #1 plug is first on the passenger side, how do i adjust it to 4 degrees? And being that theres no line for 4, can i just make a good guesstimation where 4 is. My goal is 4 degrees, if stock is...
  17. L

7MGE Injector not working!

Its just a habit of being excessive. Hence the size rims and the amount of music. Not even a 100 shot can get that boat i've created any quicker. Yeah, i think its the injectors though. Damn eBay. 8 for 50 was obviously too good to be true. But will update finished product soon. Thankx
  18. L

Well, thanks for the support, but took it to get the entire kit installed and they explained to me what what my endless hours of web searching told me..., with bigger injectors, ima sacrafice the ride and smoothness plus burn more gas when im just cruising. Also, i was explained what i already...
  19. L

Are injectors salvageable? Can u salvage them and/or swap them out? Or can i locally find a shop and have it done?Or are they shot.
  20. L

They have been tested, cleaned and balanced. They looked surprisingly brand new when they came in. There is not one aftermarket upgrade in my engine compartment. There is also no computer upgrades or stand alones. Just new injectors, can that have posed the problem? Unsure how this simple mod...