Search results

1. M

I have a good question for you engine management pro's

That is true the rotor does have a broad tip. Which I can see allows contact for to 10-15 degrees of rotation. And since the cam spins half the speed of the crank 10 degrees there would equal 20 degrees at the crank. Thanks
  2. M

I have a good question for you engine management pro's

For early 90's cars that have fuel injection but still have a distributor how in the world does the ECU control ignition timing? There was no vacumm or electronic devices in the distributor that allowed it to move around. And if the ECU retarded or advanced when it sends the signal to fire the...
  3. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

I just found out the Wolf 500 doesnt have knock control. That is no good for forced induction. What do you think about the Haltech E11v2?
  4. M

Wolf v500, EMS 8860

Sorry to bring up this old thread. Did you ever decide on what you want? I want to get the Wolf but waiting to hear some real world experience with it. And what features it has. I am comparing it to the Haltech E11v2 Does The wolf have all the same features? Knock sensor, compensation maps...
  5. M

What happened to the other V12 threads?

What happened to the other V12 threads?
  6. M

Toyota V12

Can I get your engine suppliers contact information?
  7. M

Toyota V12

$1500?? are you going to buy it? I'd like to purchase that engine.
  8. M

Toyota V12

It is impossible to find these 1GZFE engines..I been looking and looking
  9. M

All Toyota V8 Guru's I have a question

Im probably going to go with a 3uZ and built it completely. What is everyone that is swapping this motor into different cars doing about smog? How are you passing smog as well as visual? Thanks
  10. M

Wanted WANTED 3UZ engine

I am looking for a 3UZ engine hopefully with a wiring harness. For doing a swap. Thanks
  11. M

All Toyota V8 Guru's I have a question

Out of the 1UZ 2UZ 3UZ which heads flow the best? Are all these heads interchangable between all blocks? Between the 1UZ and 3UZ is the 1UZ block stronger/beefer? Finally what year 1UZ or 3UZ did they start using coil on plug ignitions I noticed the current Lexus GS430 makes more HP and...
  12. M

Toyota V12

I have a 2JZGTE and it is smooth as butter. Why do you think the older 7M is even smoother out of curiousity
  13. M

Toyota V12

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I love that pic of the Mclaren motor. The engine he used looks like the old V12 BMW engines the ones that are readily available on ebay. I think it was in the ealy 90's 7 series. That old V12 was similar to the M1 V12? I know for sure the heads would be nothing...
  14. M

Toyota V12

Sorry to bring back an Old thread..but what kind of car is that? Is it an Ultima GTR?
  15. M

engine block weight differences between 3uz 2uz 2jz

Thats some good stuff. Thanks for the link. Do you know where this project is currently?
  16. M

If the 2uz complete weighs 467lbs then it is still lighter then the 2jz which comes in at 594lbs complete. Thats still considerably lighter. I already have a Supra TT. But I plan on purchasing my friends Supra TT that has a blown motor and tranny. And swapping in a 2uz and stroke the motor since...
  17. M

Does anyone know the block weights of the 3uz 2uz and 2jz engines? Im curious to know if the long inline 6 weights more then the 2uz cast iron V8. Thanks
  18. M

Dellow might make 6spd adaptor plate

I'd like to see it made for the V160 it is a stronger tranny and just runs smoother. I know because I have a 6spd supra. It doesnt feel notchy like the T-56 which feels like a truck transmission
  19. M

SC430TT Video

does anyone have this clip the link is dead..thanks