Search results

1. S

94 1uzfe has me really ready to give up on the car-details inside

seriously get rid of the car when they get about 15 to 20 years old the soarers start to play up suspension steering ecus etc etc they all start failing they are one of the worst cars Toyota has made when it comes to reliability when they get old and they will cost u a shitload to repair
  2. S

DBW Throttle Issue

don't fk with something Toyota has spent 10 years perfecting hehe manufacturers went to dbw so the ecu has control over the throttle not the person pushing on the accelerator pedal
  3. S

Push Button gear change

u can get a kit from USA. just google shift by wire kit in the USA was 1600 bucks
  4. S

DBW Throttle Issue

deleting dbw is probably a huge job ecu has a million settings for it so if one is out if will shut throttle down just save the cash and fit aftermarket ecu or get a scanner and read data trying to guess whats wrong is like u trying to guess how long this rope is I have in my hand
  5. S

DTC Codes and what to do with them?

also is code 42 just for the speed signal from dash to ecu or from sp2+-
  6. S

ok cool ive only seen code 42 on the early 1uzs and that wont come on till u drive car for 10 or so kms so is code 42 purely the speed sensor or does it relate to other things im wondering if the customer of mine is having isseus due to code 42
  7. S

might be worth double checking it I know the older 1uzs bring up code 12 or 13 if the belt is out one tooth and the engine feels slightly under powered and retarded
  8. S

hey George I thought code 42 was missing speed signal from dash that's y I sometimes put that wire to an injector I know code 51 is sometimes a start signal problem but on the older ecus if u had nsw to a ground it would hit a 4000 rpm limit not sure if vvti ones do the same hey...
  9. S

I cant see how code 42 will cause yr problem if its vvti auto then it will have sp2+- that tells ecu speed I recon thereis other problems ive got a customer with a vvti and it has slight miss as u take off and when cold its not to bad but when it warms up its bad so im sending him...
  10. S

does he know 42 is speed sensor not sta or nsw I had a shop here tel me they tested 1uz trans on their trans dyno I asked did it get all 4 gears they said yes I said did u power anything up they said no we don't need to so I laughed at them and said do u realise u will not get any...
  11. S

also cut both sta and nsw wires this will make sure it wont go into limp mode due to them wired wrong then once u get it running good u can connect them back up when u figure out how they go
  12. S

I used to hook up the spd signal to an injector output on older Toyotas and this would solve code 42 normally starter dtc is 51
  13. S

Failed CoP

are they genuine or chinese ***** seen afew new chinese made COP coils fail on the dyno u just cant go past genuine 2nd hand ls1 coils just look ugly with the leads
  14. S

3750 4000 rpm limit

I mean the spd wire from ecu where have u hooked it up in the car if u wire the neutral start wires wrong to the ecu it will have a 4 grand rev limit on some Toyotas had this afew times on early 1js and 1uzs could also be air flow meter or wrong igniters fkt if I know what it has...
  15. S

3750 4000 rpm limit

who cares about the check engine light in a conversion where have u hooked the vss signal to it might be the wrong amount of pulses
  16. S

Immo Box

u can also bridge out earth and tc wire on the diagnostic plug and it will flash the engine check light if u get error 99 that normally means a problem in the immobiliser
  17. S

Immo Box

yes can u get the led to flash when ther eis no key near the key reader and ign on
  18. S

Immo Box

19. S

Immo Box

its not an immob box its a key transponder amplifier do u remove all the ecu and loom and keys from the same car or did the shop pull it out
  20. S

Immo Box

well if the ecu is a non immob ecu then its probably never going to flash the led wont turn on unless ignition is on