Search results

1. GT400

Trying to get the A/C Working

Been a long time since I've been on the forums! I'm now old and tired of being sweaty all the time just to drive my toy, and have been trying to get the A/C Working again. I've got the lines plumbed up, just trying to figure out the best way to wire it up to retain the original auto climate...
  2. GT400

need some help, probably electrical.

Ok, i fixed it. The wire i ran to power the ecu had come loose, so it was making contact sometimes, then vibrating back loose. whew... glad it was something simple. Thanks for the input guys.
  3. GT400

well, i went back to tow it and tried to crank it and it cranks but wont even start anymore. so tomorrow the hunt begins...
  4. GT400

So as many of you know, i have been driving my 1UZ supra as a daily driver for a couple years. It has been doing fine recently, after finally solving my starting issues. Yesterday i was driving through a subdivision, at low speed, and the car turned off. just shut right down. I pulled to a...
  5. GT400

Need some help, no compression

nevermind, im a dumbass
  6. GT400

Need some help, no compression

over the last 3 weeks, i was busy changing a transmission in my 1uz mk3. finally got it done, but the car ran poorly when i started it up. i had replaced the valve cover gasket, so i thought i might have broken a plug wire so i replaced those. cyl 1 was still not firing so i replaced the fuel...
  7. GT400

temp gauge help please

i've been running a mechanical temp gauge on my car since i got it running, but finally fot the bug to fix the electric one. i read all the other threads i could find on the subject but still cant get it right. i tried the stock sensor, a new sensor, and a new supra sensor, and all three cause...
  8. GT400

Changin a starter tomorrow anyone need any pics or specs?

well after 17 years the starter on my motor is going. it starts fine when its cold, but once its hot, like running errands around town, it'll get hot and not start. So i'll be tearing into it tomorrow morning. i'm planning on doing a thorough cleaning of the intake, and getting templates and...
  9. GT400

Parts 1UZ Motors -- Big Blowout, name what you need

got any good drive belt tensioners left? how much? do you have complete motors, none of your pics showed up.
  10. GT400

Another 1UZ powered A70 Supra

that sounds great! what day/time would work best for you guys, since i'll be fairly flexible! i should start cleaning the car up...
  11. GT400

i'm now kinda planning on driving down. I'll be in the orlando area arriving sunday night, heading down to the sarasota area tuesday or wednesday. so let me know if we could meet up one of those days guys.
  12. GT400

i've been thinking about driving mine down for Christmas... i may just fly though. not sure yet
  13. GT400

Confusing issue on 2000 land cruiser with 2UZ

no, the TB hadnt jumped at all, perfectly in time. just ran like it had jumped.
  14. GT400

Confusing issue on 2000 land cruiser with 2UZ

Hey guys, Ive got a 2000 Land cruiser with the 2uz v-8, which has just started running poorly. i originally thought the timing belt had jumped a tooth, because it was drivable, just stumbled a lot, both at idle and driving. the TB is right on the money and looks good. the check engine light...
  15. GT400

My v8 (1uz) supra swap.

you can get your strut brace to work. i stuck mine in a press and put two slight bends to clear the top of the intake manifold. and it still works great.
  16. GT400

Started MKIII swap headers

ship them up to me and i'll try them out =)
  17. GT400

Offical Supra xUZ Registry

Name: Daniel Car: 1991 supra turbo (targa-top) Motor: 1992 SC400 Trans: a430e or whatever, will be r154. Completed: May 2007 Future mods: eaton m112 blower
  18. GT400

Y? EVERBODY Y?

hmmm, i must have the wrong wires then. i'll have to go through and recheck it one of these days. Thanks for the info. Daniel
  19. GT400

Y? EVERBODY Y?

for the oil pressure gauge, you will need to unstall a unit from a 7m. the 1uz sensor is calibrated for a light, not a gauge. i was not able to get my temp gauge to work (lexus also used a light), so i installed a mechanical gauge. edit: i see chris posted the same info...
  20. GT400

Y? EVERBODY Y?

no offense intended, but an engine/drivetrain conversion isnt really a novice mechanic territory. yes it can be done, but i wouldnt recommend it. as for wiring, mine still has a few glitches (slow drain on the battery), so i wouldnt want to share it until i got it all worked out.