Search results

1. Frank Clark

Thoughts on this Manifold design?

At some point, I am looking to ditch the factory manifold. This is on a built 1UZ VVTi with a large turbo in a light car (2600-2700lbs). I really am not concerned about low RPM performance. I would like the new manifold to be lighter and suffer less from heat soak. My new manifold needs to...
  2. Frank Clark

This month’s progress

Got the... dry sump pump mounted, pump drive made (from a hunk of billet), accessory drive worked out, valve covers welded up, vacuum relief mounted, a spot ready for case vacuum gauge and other odds and ends. Now it’s time to have a go at casting that pan that I’ve been putting off.
  3. Frank Clark

Parts 1UZ VVTi ECUs available

I have a couple laying around the shop. They are from JDM motors. We use aftermarket ECUs so have no use for them. Free to an individual that can use them (you pay shipping unless you pick it up). You can pick up in Fairview or Allen TX (DFW area). PM if you want pics. If you don't get a...
  4. Frank Clark

1UZ Variable A/C Compressor Wiring

I've decided to add A/C to my race car (OK, call me a wimp). Have a Vintage Air unit. Mounting of the Sanden compressor would be problematic. So I am planning on using the Toyota compressor. This is on a VVTi 1UZ. The A/C compressor has electronically variable vanes (as well as a...
  5. Frank Clark

1UZ VVTi Race Car

Just a little something to spice up the day... Superlite Coupe, converted from LS to 1UZ Turbo. Ross Pistons Eagle Rods Valve Springs Mechanical TB Garrett GTX4294R Turbo (1.28 A/R) Electric water pumps Graziano 6 speed trans-axle (think Audi R8/Lamborghini Gallardo) Shop made cooling...