Search results

1. 9

Cars For Sale Thinking of selling project car, value?

JE pistons Pauter rods, 8.2:1
  2. 9

Cars For Sale Thinking of selling project car, value?

sprectra blue mica 98 gs400, built motor, dual walbro's, big brakes, roll cage, 20"s,tein electronic adjustable suspension. Navigation (factory) nitrous... Never got around to putting turbos on it, or the TH400 I bought off a member here, Never sprayed the nitrous, never dyno'd it. What...
  3. 9

Finally choosing turbos&computer&trans Ideas?

I know in the hod rodding world, they would cheat out some higher compression by using longer rods and shorter pistons. I'll probably be able to make up for the lost cr by turning up the boost a bit. I think filling up at the gas station is a huge requirement for a street car. Same reason I...
  4. 9

Wow, isn't that higher than factory compression? I think the 1uzfe is 10.5:1 stock.
  5. 9

I've got to put some miles on the grrrrrrrrrr 2nd new motor. I also have to come to a final decision on which shop is going to do the work. So I figure worst case start in 3 weeks. Lextreme, I know you have a sicker project than mine going. You still going with the 2uz with 1uz heads? Which...
  6. 9

I know when theory meets reality, reality wins. In theory though, here is what I think would make the best car. Acceleration is a function of road surface and traction. Optimally you would drive the tires to their absolute limit of traction the whole way down the track. This is hard because...
  7. 9

All the guys that used to run v8 (bullish, craig paisley, all the other guys...) they're all using the 2jzgte's now right? When I first picked the 1uz, it was because I had one, and I figured if you start with 33 percent more horsepower than the 2jz, you should end with about the same. Going...
  8. 9

We've got ultimate parts flexibility as the shop and I finished the nitrous but are still negotiating the twin turbo. That can work out how I want with them, or I can take it to anyone still. I'm partial to shops in south FLA, because it saves on transportation costs, and I've found that's...
  9. 9

I didn't spend much time figuring out hte injectors or o2 yet, because I've been spending all my time figuring out the turbo's. Looks like we're going to go gt30r twins with a smaller a/r. I don't know the what number the "smaller" a/r will be, the tuner has to figure that one out. I'm going...
  10. 9

Toyomoto wouldn't touch the v8, they were the first people I called.
  11. 9

I liked what I read about the clutch rear ends better than the torsen and other rears. That's why I like the idea of the kazz. Parts List: Nos pressure switch 4 introus express bottle warmers (heat and cool) 1 rpm activation switch 1 purge kit w/led 4 10lb bottles 1 msd 6000 series module kit...
  12. 9

That's the graph of the sc430 from anderson audio. Sickest sc430 on the planet right now I think. I'm just trying to figure whether the video of it was lag or just not hitting the throttle the whole way. I don't want to run on the street and stay in lag mode just long enough for the other guy to...
  13. 9

What do you think the graph would look like if they'd ran the gt30r's?
  14. 9

Primary use, vacation car, use a month a year (must whoop up on as many other street cars as possible :) ). Secondary use. Earn bragging rights with timeslips and dyno sheet. I saw the video finally of that SICK sc430, anyone know if the way the engine responded was from throttle modulation...
  15. 9

twin. I'm curious as to what the results were in the end for the anderson-audio.com sc430 with the garrett 2835's on it. I think that's what they ran. There's a sick roll cage in the car, if It's not beating everything on the street without a cage, the driver will look like an idiot :) hahaha...
  16. 9

The guys that are working on my car have some fast cars of their own. They think the project would be better off with gt30r's than gt40r's. :( After so much effort on the project, it would be a tradgedy to choose wrong now. ls400 motor 4 angle valve job on the heads. JE 2618 custom pistons...
  17. 9

7MGE Vs. 1UZFE Injectors

wetshot. doesn't need bigger injectors.
  18. 9

How much NOS spray can this block take?

I am very interested. I left you a voicemail with my phone number on your answering machine. I'll also PM you my number. Call me today if you can.
  19. 9

It was the GS motor. I'm replacing it with the LS motor now. Apparently all I need is 1 piston and block and heads, the rods can handle hydrolock it seems, and appear to have survived. Along with 7 of the pistons. Too bad you have to buy them in multiples of 4.
  20. 9

You think we can fix it with a little jb weld? The new ls400 block is at the machinist now. If we drop another valve, I am going to go postal.