Search results

1. S

Do you know if the IACV is constantly used to maintain the idle for the engine? Or is the IACV...

Do you know if the IACV is constantly used to maintain the idle for the engine? Or is the IACV only for when the motor is cold, and once the engine is warmed up it should be able to idle all on its own?
  2. S

What is the detailed process for taking this IACV motor apart?

What is the detailed process for taking this IACV motor apart?
  3. S

So mrel needs to open a relay for +b and b1? And then the fc and fpr wires can be tethered and...

So mrel needs to open a relay for +b and b1? And then the fc and fpr wires can be tethered and used to power the fuel pump? Also, can explain how to open up the IACV I have? (No bolts for the motor)
  4. S

Verified 14vdc after engine shut off. The fuel pump runs when in the on position (not ideal, I...

Verified 14vdc after engine shut off. The fuel pump runs when in the on position (not ideal, I know), if you look at that diagram in the link, mrel runs my fuel pump relay. So the mrel circuit controls my pump. +b and +b1 are on the same blk/rd sensor power wire and that’s supplying my IACV. The...
  5. S

I have verified 14vdc at the two middle pins of the IACV. Also, when the key is turned off, I...

I have verified 14vdc at the two middle pins of the IACV. Also, when the key is turned off, I can hear the fuel pump and relay stay on a few seconds after. So the mrel circuit is working.
  6. S

I did verify 14vdc, whilst running, on the black/red sensor power wire at the diagnostic check...

I did verify 14vdc, whilst running, on the black/red sensor power wire at the diagnostic check port. As well as the vacuum solenoid valve and EGR valve. Also, I have no error codes in diagnostics. I will be taking a voltage reading at the IACV connector when I get home today from work and will...
  7. S

One other issue I should mention is that it would idle 1 out of 10 starts. It would adjust idle...

One other issue I should mention is that it would idle 1 out of 10 starts. It would adjust idle, and at some point die. Now, however, even resetting the battery power, it won’t idle at all. I’m thinking it needs an IACV. alas, it is the type with no screws to rebuild the IACV motor and bearings.
  8. S

Well, I’ve never met Vince. I wired my entire swap using this wiring diagram for the relays...

Well, I’ve never met Vince. I wired my entire swap using this wiring diagram for the relays: https://i.imgur.com/Cu5F8js.jpg I’m pretty good with wiring, but can’t help wondering if there is a splice I accidentally cut out that would feed power to the IACV. I haven’t checked the IACV for power...
  9. S

Hello gloverman, nice to talk with you. Many of your older posts have helped me with 1uz swap...

Hello gloverman, nice to talk with you. Many of your older posts have helped me with 1uz swap. In this thread: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/index.php?threads/intermittent-no-idle.17140/#post-142762 You mentioned how some of Bushwackers conversions were wired incorrectly for the IACV. Can you...
  10. S

IACV interchangeable???

Part numbers are different. 22270-50020 Or 22270-50010
  11. S

IACV interchangeable???

i have a ‘93 1uz, it has the IACV that doesn’t have the motor section that comes off with three screws. I want to replace the iacv with the one that does have the three screws so I can clean it out and replace the bearings. I see they are nearly identical. Does anyone know if the later IACV is...
  12. S

Nitrous? How much giggle juice?

ive got a bone stock ‘93 ls400 1uzfe. I’ve got exhaust and intake on it. It’s in my celica. I wanna skip the build stuff and go straight to nitrous for drags. What’s the “safe amount” I’d like to not blow the engine up as it is a real pain to remove. (Worse than when it was in the Lexus...)