Search results

1. 88sogreatv8

Coolant temp high with a/c running?

My temp on the 1uz usually runs around 87 to 95 degrees even on the hottest days with my 3 core alum radiator and duel fan setup. But when turning a/c on it climbs to sometimes 104. Is this normal. The compressor is always on i will add when the a/c button is pushed . Im not sure if the...
  2. 88sogreatv8

EG003-96 tsb any one familiar with this ?

REF: ENGINE NO.: EG003-96 DATE: OCTOBER 6, 1996 MODEL: LS 400 TITLE: LS 400 DRIVEABILITY IMPROVEMENT To improve driving smoothness at speeds above 40 miles per hour, the components have been changed. t does any one have any information on this. I have since updated my ecu with the...
  3. 88sogreatv8

No Crank issues either operating temp or real cold

Hi Folks , 88 Cressida Guy again with another issue on this forever project So recently the Cressida had devolved a random no crank, just a click click like the Bendix isn't extending . Since the starter was original to the engine from 95' i decided to just replaced it. I thought is was fixed...
  4. 88sogreatv8

1uz over heat issues

So 95 ls400 is overheating at idle. I have a 3 core radiator , and i did have just a 15" electric fan bolted directly to the radiator. It did ok ,but on hot days is would get up to 240f at idle. So i got a mishimoto dual fan setup with a shroud thinking it would help direct the heat better. Well...
  5. 88sogreatv8

Rear end keeps puking

So i am running a 1uz with a w58 gearbox and a 85 celica supra rear end with 3:73 gears. All seems to be good ,but the rear end keeps puking out of the vent and ive been changing the fluid in it regularly due to excessive friction material. I do plan on running a ford 9" eventually, but in the...
  6. 88sogreatv8

5 speed swap how to delete automatic codes 1uz

So the saga continues... the 1uz swap has been a wonderful learning curve for me . ive learned so much about wiring through this build. So far i have got all the Ecu codes engine side off of my vehicle thru using the factory diagrams alldata, mitchell, and many helpful comments through this...
  7. 88sogreatv8

Egr Delete Check Engine Light 95 Lexus1uz

So i am writing this to clarify whether i am on the right track or not . From what i have read on the Egr valve and its functions with the ECM PURPOSE The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Temperature Sensor is used for on-board monitoring of EGR function. OPERATION By measuring the...
  8. 88sogreatv8

loss of power no throttle response after driving on highway for 30+ mins

i have a 1988 toyota cressida with a 1995 1uz w58 swap. the issue i have is after a 30-1hr highway trip doing 60-70 mph consistently, the engine loses complete throttle response causing me to pull over to the side and coasting till it get around 40 and it seems to be fine unless i get above 60...
  9. 88sogreatv8

A/C Idle up rpms for 1uz swapped Cressida

I have this 1uz swapped cressida and it has a 95 ls400 engine I merged the factory condensor and drier , with the ls400 compressor , and the a/c blows cold. My issue is when coming to a stop the idle is super low so the alt stops charging and, when hot sometimes oil pressure drops to nothing...
  10. 88sogreatv8

02 rear sensor delete with no additional parts and no check engine light

I recently read a write up by nigel wade on wiring up a 1uz. In this write up page # 49 he explains that if you are not running rear o2 sensors that there is a way of getting rid of the CEL without buying a fancy 02 eliminator plug. I attached the page below. My question to the community is ...
  11. 88sogreatv8

CRESSIDA 1UZ SWAP: ECU ISSUES AGAIN

so WHERE to begin.... 1988 cressida , 1uzfe out of a 1995 ls400. over the last year , since i have got the engine swap done, i have gone thru three computers all with the same problem , loss of m-rel output. it always seems to end the same way. no throttle response then loss of the m-relay...
  12. 88sogreatv8

Alternator voltage drops to 10.4 with headlights on 88 cressida

So my 1uz swapped cressida has this weird issue. The voltage when either pressing on the brake pedal or turning on the headlights , drops the voltage down to 10.4 v when running . it stopped doing it then did it again. I do have an aftermarket electric fan and a 1000 watt stereo system, so i...
  13. 88sogreatv8

Fried ECU M-Rel output AGAIN!!!!!!!!! 88 CRESS 1UZ

this damn 1uz fried another ecu! here is the course of events that unfolded :( #exhaust leak , collector was leaking and welds on egr tube blocked off. collector is fixed the header i need to remove. # i ran out of gas. fuel gauge not reliable . filled up atm now #unhooked the maf and intake...
  14. 88sogreatv8

New Used ECU issues! I think i hydrolocked my engine with fuel

SO i have a 88 cressida with a 95 ls400 engine swapped I had to recently replace my Ecu with a used one , due to having a power output issues on my m-rel on the original ecu. now i have major issues after the computer swap!!!! The first day i installed the new ecu it idled really low but...
  15. 88sogreatv8

1988 Cressida 1uz no start no check engine light , no power to m-rel

So sunday last week i went to get a bite to eat. after parking sitting down eating and returning to my cressida, it wouldn't fire. after sitting in the parking lot for 20 mins i tried to start it again and it fired so i thought my gas gauge was off and went to a gas station. I went to the gas...
  16. 88sogreatv8

Cold start issues. No throttle response 1uz swap 88 toyota cressida

So i have swapped a 1uz out of a 1995 ls400 into my 1988 cressida. It runs fantastic when its warmed up but when its cold . It never wants to have any throttle response. you can sit on the gas pedal when cold and it wont move it just falls on its face. Only after going thru all the gears and...
  17. 88sogreatv8

1988 Cressida 1995 LS400 1UZ Swap

So I have been slowly working on my 1UZFE That is going into my 88 Cressida. I am to the point where i am working on the harness . I would like to make it plug and play , so i just plug in a few body plugs and hook up the grounds and powers and go. I am on the E11 connector currently, I know...
  18. 88sogreatv8

Suggestions for exhaust manifolds 95 ls400 1uz into 88 mx73

I have a 88 Toyota Cressida , that is currently getting a 1uz swap out of a ls400. the factory left side manifold will not work with the steering shaft. I am contemplating using a sc400 manifold . It appears to be more streamline than the ls400's. I have already tried to modify a cheap tundra...