Search results

1. R

Custom Exhaust suggestions for SCd 1UZ

Thank you for the info. Would going up to 2.5” add any performance benefit at this power level or would it start to reduce low end torque and just make more noise? If that’s the case I would go with 2.25”. Which is still a bump up in size over stock.
  2. R

Custom Exhaust suggestions for SCd 1UZ

Hello, i’m looking to change up my stockish exhaust to a custom one. I have S&S headers and Megan Racing test pipes with a Borla rear section exhaust. All other piping, including the Y pipe is the stock 1.97”. A shop was suggesting a 2.25” full stainless from the cats (test pipes) back, keep my...
  3. R

Piggyback ECU AEM FIC

Without going full standalone I believe split-second makes a tunable module that's plug n play that can adjust for timing. The no MAF and 12 ITB setup sounds sick! However, sounds to me like you may need to go full standalone. Keep in mind if anything you do needs to retain OBDII port you can...
  4. R

Piggyback ECU AEM FIC

Hi Cribbj. I love the AEM FIC8. It works! However, I had a different stance in the beginning but it wasn't the FIC's fault, it was the custom wiring harness I purchased that was jacked up. Cam and Crank wires were flipped. Other signal wires that were supposed to be intercepted were tapped and...
  5. R

Seller Feedback Warning: Do not buy parts from EBay seller Cool-Angel (Tom), from Hong Kong

Hello, I have a 2001 Lexus RX300 that started to get a check engine rich code. Through research I found the sensor that needed replacement. I usually work on my cars myself and for the most part it works out. I wanted to go with a new OEM Denso Air fuel sensor and found one for a great price...
  6. R

Backfire only from a dig. Help!

Thank you for everyone that replied. I will work out the injector, seals and O-ring issues out. FYI, a cool tidbit of info. The centrifugal SC kit I have runs off an oversized main engine crank; not the small power steering pulley that most other kits like the RMM or LMS run off of. This...
  7. R

Understood. Thank you. Is it possible that my SC system is boost leak free but have boost leaking out of my injectors? I remember a year or so ago my friend stopped by with a boost leak tester before I had mine and we tested the whole system. We found bubbling (soapy water) around every...
  8. R

Thank you. Will do. Also, excuse my ignorance but when I'm doing a boost leak test I plan on putting my tester in place of my cone air filter; pre-supercharger. Since I want to check the entire system I take it that I wouldn't block anything off correct? Ie let the pressure build in the SC...
  9. R

Hello. I need some advice. First, my engine setup so you all know what I have. SRT stage 3 SC W/intercooler, S&S headers, Walbro 255lph, NGK brk7e coppers (.030), old RC 440cc injectors, Synapse BOV (vta), AEM FIC8. The car runs decent. Pulls nicely, no CELs, passes inspection. Fuel trims...
  10. R

Hello, new here to Lextreme. A few FI questions.

It's installed! However, still not tuned yet; I'm running directly off the stock ECU so I'm very rich right now. Starts, idles and revs great. I have been driving it around town under3k rpms just to not have it sit. My FIC-8 is with AEM getting inspected now as I think there may be something...
  11. R

Anyone have an AEM FIC-8 Map? GS400

I appreciate the help. Let me know what you have. Thanks!
  12. R

I need help! Please! GS400 with AEM FIC-8

So, my SC is installed with all components. The tuner called me and said he is having problems with my FIC; the car is idling really erratic with multiple cylinder misfires. The harness is from Boomslang so I don't think it can be a wiring issue. I bought the universal FIC-8 used so I told...
  13. R

C'mon guys. Lol. Don't make her fatter than she already is...she has a curb weight of 3,729lbs. :) Lexus GS400 (2000) - The Auto Channel www.theautochannel.com/.../2000/gap00... Lexus GS400 (2000) Review. ... 110.2"/70.9"/189.2" Transmission Five-speed automatic Curb Weight 3729 pounds...
  14. R

Hey all. I'm the newcomer here and you are the one's that are well versed in this stuff especially when it comes to forced induction. I came here recently to learn from you all and perhaps one day be able to give someone else a bit of advice on this stuff. Bottom line is I think these cars...
  15. R

Very true. Also, I had my dyno's done on an AWD dynodynamics dyno; it wasn't a dynojet. A while back I recall looking at a used GS400 for sale that had an RMM supercharger. It did need a serious tune and did not seem to have been maintained at all. The seller liked my car and asked me for a...
  16. R

Not sure. I don't think the previous owner tracked the car. From what I've read on all supercharged 2nd gen GS's, especially with this kit the tranny becomes the weakest link. Where you have to literally lift your foot off the gas for a split second in order for it to shift to the next gear...
  17. R

Totally agree. In any event this thing made real power. The previous owner has a post up where he said that Mo from SRT took him for a ride when it was first installed. Spun the wheels at 60mph on his 285's. I don't really care about the numbers to be honest. I just want it to be a fun...
  18. R

Agreed but this was a complete custom kit. A lot has to do with the gear ratio inside the SC unit itself...the multiplication of turns on the shaft. Not all kits are created equal. Not looking to beat up my car or constantly race it. I just knew that the kit was rare and jumped on it when it...