Search results

1. X

1GZ Porsche swap

This will be my second adaptation of the Lexus monoblocks. The LS460 calipers are massive.... 350x32 Cayenne rotors make this setup sick....
  2. X

30-42LE Transmissions...Stronger?...Different Ratios?

OK, I still have one of these left at Dinsdale's shop. Shoot me an offer on it.
  3. X

1GZ Porsche swap

It pulls like a mule on roids..... Mind you it's sitting in a 2900lb Porsche, not a bloated Supra. https://youtu.be/2U0DVKRotyQ
  4. X

1GZ Porsche swap

https://youtu.be/JtjQG9bNTfY
  5. X

1GZ Porsche swap

We're hunting down Vettes hehe. Should be a writeup in Jalopnik soon.
  6. X

1GZ Porsche swap

OK. Just confirmed with Dins that it is 6 coils with wasted spark. 6th gear on way to Texas Mile....
  7. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Many miles on the Enigma now. A lot of data logging for the ultra tunability of Megasquirt 3. The real delight other than the LS1-eating torque, is watching all the Lambo and $200k car owners gawking while at the Texas mile.
  8. X

1GZ Porsche swap

9. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Just hand overlay, no vacuum bagging....
  10. X

1GZ Porsche swap

More Lost-foam technique from Dins....
  11. X

30-42LE Transmissions...Stronger?...Different Ratios?

OK. Just checked shipping on these $325 to any US-48. Make an offer I'm selling both as I plan on building another Z06 trans swap. Just PM.
  12. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Those are 318x28mm rotors. I have also adapted Z06 6-pots to another Porsche and may mount them on my V12 build with 350mm Cayenne rotors. I would like to know what the bolt mounting dimensions are for the LS-460 monoblocks. Then I can make a decision as those take larger rotors as well...
  13. X

1GZ Porsche swap

As far as braking technology, the factory 928 brakes are....factory... The LS-928 swap I adapted LEXUS LS430 monoblocks to properly put the stop to.... Again, better caliper build quality..... 16" *993 wheels fit the Boxster-S rotors with this caliper......
  14. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Someone asked and we haven't weighed the car yet as we are still doing a few things. We now have full sequential injection AND ignition as well as having the VVTi now working....MS3 pro makes it possible. The front end lost a total of 100 Lbs and the rear gained 40 lbs from the weights of...
  15. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Awesomer.... We have full sequential ign. and inj. now working..... VVT up next.
  16. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Front to back : Driver..... 1,3,5,7,9,11 pass ......2,4,6,8,10,12
  17. X

1GZ Porsche swap

I'll take this engine over a Ferrari any day.... 1_4_9_8_5_2_11_10_3_6_7_12 Here we fixed 3-9 misfire..... http://youtu.be/T_njnHX4Vzs Did an alignment because the 1gz V12 is 100lbs lighter than the Porsche V8 lump.
  18. X

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

This is an excellent combo. I've built some brakes for a 911-LS swap owner and the engine fit great but the gearing was wrong for it. 1st gear was useless as was the case for my 944 LS swap I did. That said, a higher-revving v8 is jus what the 911 and 944 swaps need for matching the factory...
  19. X

1GZ Porsche swap

Yes, we realized that there was a miss then diagnosed 3-9 coil and hunted it down. I'll get an exhaust vid up soon. The v12 design is hard to diagnose a misfire because this thing was designed to run on 6 cylinders if one of the ecms went out on it. Were taking it on a spin and Dins is already...
  20. X

1GZ Porsche swap

OK. We found the 3-9 shared coil issue (loose connection at coil drivers). Then we set AFR to each set of 6-Banks at 13.8..... This thing is wicked...