Search results

1. F

Transmission and transmission cooling ideas & locations

gotcha, it took me a minute to understand it, but i got a good idea. I'll just try both ways to see which method is more effective. either way, the hood and wheel well has to be cut for either method to apply. but thanks for your input, it helps a bunch. =)
  2. F

I cant seem to picture that working out. with a housing built for the trans cooler, it will not be effected by the engine bay heat. the housing will only allow air coming into the scoop and passing through the housing thru the cooler and exiting the wheel well. I don't think your idea will work...
  3. F

Engine bay is a tight fit and the trans cooler is just slightly above the exhaust manifold. So yes, there seems to be hot air circulating the engine bay. I've decided to add a scoop to catch air. It will be mounted right above the trans cooler. The hood will be cut to shape the size of the...
  4. F

was trying to post a pic, but its not working..
  5. F

Transmission and transmission cooling ideas and or locations Been having a hard time with my transmission. The first transmission was burnt due to a bad leak on a 7hr drive. Now I have a new USED transmission with new solenoids, filter and new transmission oil install and on SHORT drives to...
  6. F

1UZ swap and Air Condition

man your so lucky to have AC in you project. i wont even drive my without AC.. I wish it was that easy too... before I swap in the 1UZ, it was working perfectly.. I think it may have to do something with the wiring or some communication to the ECU.
  7. F

you are correct... the AC wire is the input from the AC control unit which sends a + signal to the ECU. The Output wire is the ACMG, and it will trigger the AC compressor. i add 12v to the AC wire from the ECU and it did work. only problem is, it idles really low and and it seems like there is a...
  8. F

Thanks to this website and many other write ups, I was able to finish my swap! And NOW need 1 more thing. AIR CONDITIONING. I didn’t think it would be that complicated. But I have run into a dilemma. I have researched that I need to trick the ECU. But no where would give a hint how to trick the...
  9. F

power steering high pressure SS line size?

this is going in a toyota 4runner and was wonder what size everyone has use for the power steering line??. i have a steel braides SS 3/8 hose with 6AN and doesnt seem to work.. im using an Ls400 pump with the resevoire remotley like the SC400.. i didnt use the banjo bolt and decided to get a 90...
  10. F

timing skipped 1 tooth with error code 13

didnt really want to post this but i just thought there might be another way! knowing that this swap was not the obvious and everything was never too easy, i was wondering is there any tool or any idea to fix a "skipped tooth" beside removing all that crap in the way? in another words, hoping to...
  11. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

thats what i thought too, traced it and it was connected. had a spare afm and that didnt work too. used another ecu and same problem.. man one thing after another...
  12. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

i want to take the time to thank everyone who has contributed to my situation. I have solve the problem. =) and it feels pretty good. after so many attempts and troubleshooting in circles, i found my problem to be related to the IGT 1 & 2 wires. I splice open the harness by the ecu and went...
  13. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

when IGN ON, IGT 1/2 get 0.0032v or so
  14. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

i dont have voltage at IGT 1 & 2 when ign on. FP is working when canking. i personally havent taken off the injectors to see it is spraying fuel, but it was never a problem. I even try bypassing the FP ecu and add 12v directly to the FP to turn on..
  15. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

rechecked STA & NSW, STA has power at START, NSW has power at START. i thought NSW should have no power in an AUTO setup? am i wrong?
  16. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

now is there anything in the wiring harness modification that can cause such a thing??? im running out of ideas...
  17. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

switch every thing out and again no luck... i recheck wires and it is again correct as the diagram...
  18. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

Ok, so no worries about the SPD, NSW, STA.. GOOD.. I have not checked the powers from the inside of the ECU, but I will. I have a spare ECU and I am having the same issue with that ECU as well. The original 6 plug (EC1) connector to the 2 cams sensor and crank sensor was replace with a...
  19. F

1UZ no sparks issue?

its a long shot, but im reaching everything, what about STA, NSW, SPD...do these need to be short or hook up? havent looked into this yet...but reading forums after forums, that question pops up..