Search results

1. G

1998 Prado Conversion

Hi Zuffen, I am kicking myself in the butt as I forgot about the Prado's when I started on the 4Runner. Dammit. LOL I am very certain that it will pass emissions. Running on 98 Octane. :) I will check this out and if not, VVT would be the go. Some fine tuning should see me...
  2. G

1998 Prado Conversion

Well, I am back. :) :) With a different idea. :D I am about to purchase a 1998 Prado Auto as I have had to drop my beloved 4Runner conversion. Base question. Has any one done a 1uz conversion on one of these. I found a few who have done it but have not been able to gleen much info out of...
  3. G

Cheap headers vs sc400

G'Day mate. :) Standard practice to do that. I did not want to have to lift the motor a mile in the sky so after reading about it I cut the lug that the damper bolts through on the drag link off then cleaned it up a little. I am going to make a small bracket that clamps back in...
  4. G

Cheap headers vs sc400

I used these in my 1992 4Runner. http://www.caenterprises.com.au/ch85.htm With the motor lifted a little bit 6mm they just fit perfect. :) :)
  5. G

Thermo switch/ cooling/ E-fans

I have used the same unit. :) :) :) All I have done is use an old coolant temperature sensor. Broke all of the plastic and guts out of it then drilled and tapped the crossover manifold right behind the thermostat. There is a nice flat spot there for it. :)
  6. G

Where are you located?

Tathra NSW Australia, Down near Bega where they make the cheese. :)
  7. G

sub oxygen sensor

I wonder if an in4001 1/4 watt diode facing from the primary 02 sensor would do? It has around 1/2v drop. ie; wire from ecu to secondary -------|<-------- onto primary 02 sensor output.
  8. G

sub oxygen sensor

THX George, :) :) Motor is in and running with a set of custom headers. No error codes as yet. Main point is I do not have the front of the exhaust installed to the cat It is the only thing apart from a few clearance issues with the headers and IFS. These motors sure do sound so good when...
  9. G

sub oxygen sensor

I salvaged them of a complete vehicle. If I remember they were a grey and green wire opposite each other. With the wiring diagram they were shown as heated. Mine did not have the heated circuit pinned. The sensors have an earth return from the sensors body back to the e1 earth circuit. I seem to...
  10. G

sub oxygen sensor

Hi George, I owe you one mate 4 your help before with wiring probs so only happy to help. :) :) I could not believe it my self but the two sub sensors on mine are in fact thermo resistors. When I removed them I seen that they are just a solid cylinder so I heated them in water and checked them...
  11. G

sub oxygen sensor

Depends on what year it is. Mine which is a 1992 sc400/Celsiour the subs are pyro sensors, not "02" sensors. I have not measured them yet but will be...
  12. G

Leaking caps in ECU

Just read this brilliant write-up about this problem. http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/656360-all-my-crazy-lexus-issues-solved-ecu-leaking-capacitor.html For those of us here in OZ, This company is the one to order from, http://au.element14.com/capacitors I have just ordered all of...
  13. G

Wanted Shorty Headers ??? 4Runner 1uzfe

Hi Ash, 4 into 1 would be good.:) Non Turbo.
  14. G

Wanted Shorty Headers ??? 4Runner 1uzfe

Any one have a set of headers like Castle. ??? I am in a hurry to complete my 4Runner conversion and just need a set for now. Happy with S/Hand.:D THX. Or a set of log style even if they are restrictive.
  15. G

Standalone ECU Starting to think about standalone for a few reasons

Hi, I need a few thoughts on this. Just about finished my conversion and I can see a few "Short Comings".:confused: OK. I have wired in a standard ECU but, ECU size, location, age of wiring, brittle plugs, distributors on a 4x4, (And ECU Location, would like to move it higher up into...
  16. G

1UZ into 1992 RV6 4runner HELP

Be like me and make your own. :) :) every conversion is different. . Have been at it for 4 months now and I have done all the fab and wiring myself. I got a bit stuck on the wiring diagrams side but a kind member on here pointed me in the right direction. Up to now building my exhaust headers...
  17. G

1uzfe Cooling Question

Zuffen, That has givven me some real idea's. LOL I am now nearly sure on what to do. Many Thanks, Look forwards to meeting you one day. . Bushwacker, If needed I will obtain me some of them Jag vents. I originally got the focus from some of your build threads. And if I...
  18. G

1uzfe Cooling Question

Zuffen, All is only too true. :) :) Hows the "Zuffenmobile" going. Can hardly wait to see that. LOL I am well known to Jeff in the ACT. anyway, I realize the fan syndrome that is why I was asking. :) Radiator I am thinking about using is a Deisal Hilux 3 core. I do have two 15" Euro...
  19. G

1uzfe Cooling Question

Just reread your post between phone calls. :) :) So, actually removing the rubber skirts improves the situation? We can get up to 40 Deg down here. LOl. Trial and error I suppose.
  20. G

1uzfe Cooling Question

Bushwakker, I have looked very hard at those vents and I like them. Can you supply and how much?