Search results

1. S

Ecu swapping compatibility

once again i thank you....this is actually making sense to me,i had a zavoli LPG system fitted and it wasn't quite running right until engine was a good 10 mins into being warm,he was going on about it might run better if he changed it from sequential to grouped (or something like that) but...
  2. S

thank you....today i learned something i also have the plastic AFM to go with the 351 ecu and the whole engine loom. i haven't yet compared the two looms closely (and i work away from home,only go home weekends)....could i use the ecu if i also swapped the AFM by splicing in the plug from other...
  3. S

Hi guys. I haven't really had to post on lextreme before as my engine has been pretty faultless. ...but I need your help now please. Started of with tps error code 41 Renewed sensor and spaced correctly but still throws code and goes into what I'm calling limp mode Will rev fully if done gently...
  4. S

ls400 high stall torque converters

thanks for your reply Zuffen, that's a damn shame you no longer sell these,i'm not sure i even know of any trans shops locally....let alone trust one to do this,maybe i'll do a bit of research. you're correct about the 33's,and to be honest the gearing is pretty good.i actually found 4.56 to be...
  5. S

ls400 high stall torque converters

hello all.... if i've posted in the wrong section please feel free to move it,i just figured the intro section might be best(sorry) firstly a brief run down of what i'm running...it's a '98 hilux double cab,with a 1uzfe engine swap,and rear axle from a shogun (to give diff lock,stronger 9"...
  6. S

cold start not working

Ok Mr Gloverman, thank you very much. Totally respect the fact it is your bread and butter, and appreciate any help.as my dad used to say, my tools come free, you are paying for my time and knowledge.(just never came across it on a forum before.) And I get what you're saying about going round...
  7. S

cold start not working

oh right,really? not the kind of forum where people are pleased to help others then,shame.
  8. S

cold start not working

i've spoke to the guy who installed it,(we're are in constant contact)and he swears it's nothing to do with the install as it doesn't touch any of the engine managment circuits, i'd really like to know how you fix these probs all the time,as it's the one thing stopping it from being better...
  9. S

cold start not working

hi there,i put up a little intro in the general discussion section a little while ago and was directed here i've had a 1uzfe fitted into my mk4 hilux extracab but the cold start doesn't work. i've done a bit of research and from that have changed the temp sender. this had no effect.(it was...
  10. S

newbie saying hi

don't know if this is in the right place but thought i'd start by saying hi in the general disscussion(i guess it's what we call 'the bar' on the only other forum i use.(hpoc) i have a love for pickups and an even bigger one for 8 pots....therefore it was obvious to combine the two. so know...