Search results

1. L

Best M90 Version for 1UZ??

M90s come on several different vehicles and there are many different generation M90s as well. Is there a particular one I should be looking for that would be best? Can the M112/MP112 be run at low boost as well without having to make modifications to the ECU? I was looking to keep the stock ECU...
  2. L

Wanted Wanted: 1UZ Supercharger Intake Manifold (Located in US)

I'm looking for a 1UZ supercharger manifold. I don't have a supercharger yet, figured I would get the manifold first since that seems to be most expensive part and then figure the rest of the configuration. PM. please.
  3. L

Intake manifold options?

I keep reading about LPK and how he modifies the existing manifold for a super charger. I've looked up "LPK" on the site, but don't come up with a user. How can I get a hold of this person for more information? I know bullet makes their manifolds...
  4. L

LS400 91' S1 Speed sensor interchangeability??

I have a project that I've been working on and it is using the LS400 harness, ECU, cluster etc... I sold the tranny and forgot to take the speed sensor (S1, three pin sensor, 20ppr) from the tranny. I have a broken LS400 speed sensor here and i know I can get it to fit and stay in the...
  5. L

Get complete custom manifold or have OEM machined? Supercharger

What do you guys recommend for this? There is the manifold that bullet uses for example. Should I do something like that for a supercharger or is it better to have someone machine down the OEM manifold? Thanks for any input/suggestions.
  6. L

Exhaust input/suggestions

I'm working on the exhaust setup for a 1UZ in my 84 4runner. I am using the early 1UZ and the SC400 manifolds. I do not have to have the cats, so I can simply eliminate those. I have run in to space constraints on the passenger side frame rail with the header, so I am going to have to run...
  7. L

1984 4Runner 1UZ cooling setups??

I'm at the stage of my swap in my 84 4runner to get the cooling situated. I have read some many different things out there about cooling setups and how it can be a tricky part of the swap to get right as well. What have you guys done in a similar vehicle that is working well for you? I'm trying...
  8. L

Parts LS400 front sump with associated parts

LS400 front sump oil pan (both parts), baffle, dipstick, oil pickup. PM if you are interested. I will ship it. Located in WA State (99022)
  9. L

What is the timing gear cover spacer????

I am assembling my 1UZ and I always look in the FSM for assembly, however they are mentioning a timing gear cover spacer and I did not have such a part when I disassembled mine. I always line out the parts when I remove them from the project I'm working on and I definitely did not have one. Was...
  10. L

1UZ SC setup on stock

I've been reading around quite a bit on different supercharger setups out there for the early 1UZ engines, which is what I've got. I have one from a 91 LS400. Everything is stock and it is going in my 4runner. I am more curious than anything at this point, but what can I expect out of a...
  11. L

Water pump gasket or not?

Need some opinions here. I am doing the water pump today and I was always under the impression that from the factory they used FIPG on the WP. There was a gasket when I pulled it off. I'm pretty sure it had been leaking because there was always a pool of coolant right below the crank since i...
  12. L

LS and SC clusters interchangable?

Are the LS400 and SC400 cluster interchangeable? It appears the SC400 cluster may be a little smaller than the LS400 one that I have (out of a 91) and would fit better in my 4runner dash. Any insight would be of great help. Thanks.
  13. L

1UZ speedo setup with RF1A t-case. Help.

I am using the 1UZ in my 4runner and am adapting an R150F with a Dual RF1A Gear Drive transfer case that has a mechanical speedo. My question is, will the following work with the cluster from an LS400. I am using the LS400 Cluster in my 4runner. Vehicle Speed Sensor, MCI | Marlin Crawler...
  14. L

1UZ to R150 with KS Bell and 1UZSwapkit flywheel - what clutch?

So i've been narrowing down all my parts and I have most of them now. I'm working on the clutch and pressure plate setup to go along with the 1UZ and the R150F for my 4runner. There are a couple people using the Marlin HD clutch kit for the 3.0 and there's also another guy using this one...
  15. L

Ksracing Bell housing, which year R150?

From what I understand the R150F is from the 4wd trucks and the R150 (no "F") is from the 2wd trucks. Commonly people refer to them both as the R150 so reading about them can get confusing. I know there are input shaft length differences between the R150F that bolts to the 3.0 (3vz series motor)...
  16. L

Cable/Loom that runs by D/S O2 sensor?

What is the cable/loom that runs right by the furthest forward most O2 sensor on the driver's side. The clip for that O2 sensor is connected to one of the loom/wire/cable holders on the block. It appears to be the starter cable, but am unsure because I can't see the start :mad: I'm pulling the...
  17. L

Parts Parting out 1991 LS400 Gray Interior - Will Ship

I have a 1991 LS400 that I'm parting out. The interior and electronics are in great condition. It is gray interior and even has the original phone inside! The list below is not everything, but a simple generic list that I have added. There is nearly every single interior/exterior piece on...
  18. L

Is 20mpg or 14.1 Liters /100 kms out of the question Hilux?

Is Is 20mpg or 14.1 Liters/kms out of the question for a 1984 toyota 4runner mixed driving? This excludes offroad or towing. I would like to get the early 1UZ Truck ------ 1984 Toyota 4runner 5.29 Gearset (can change) ARBs front/rear Front Rear Tube Bumpers Currently Running 37x14.5's...
  19. L

Best way for 1UZ to R150?

I have seen a few kits out there for bell housings, flywheel and clutch setups out there for the 1UZ to R150 adaptions, however I am curious to hear from those that have done the swap before (going into an 84 4runner) what is the best way/kit to go with?
  20. L

A few simple 1UZFE Questions

Are there any major performance or strength differences between the 1UZ SC400/LS400/GS400? Anything that would be worth getting one over the other? I read somewhere that pre-98 have forged internals, is this true for each of those models (if at all). Thanks for anyone who takes the time to...