Search results

1. L

Hiace engine clearance

This is the best i can do for you pics wise of glovermans set up: I set the sump level with the engine cross member and set the engine up so when adapted with the manual box it would bolt through the stock mount. Possibly try switch the mounts from side to side and see where that sits...
  2. L

1uz into navara

Nice work there Clint, cant wait to see this bad boy with the V8 in it. By the way its Phil that had the white V8 lux....
  3. L

1UZ - 2wd Hilux Engine Mount CAD files

Possibly, those are set up off the 2L diesel chassis mounts. The 3y/4y and 22r chassis mounts are all positioned differently along the chassis rails. Pretty sure the angles will all be the same.
  4. L

1UZ swap into Series 2 RX7

Sweet see if you can get some pics while its on the hoist so we can see the underbelly of this beast. Its always a buzz when you first hear it crack into life with a decent exhaust in place.
  5. L

Haha these things never run to a schedule, but hey thats the joys of engine conversions. Well if your down here feel free to drop in, i work from home now so im always around. my ute is missing a drive shaft i cant take ya for a skid but its had a bit of a face lift since you were last here...
  6. L

1UZ - 2wd Hilux Engine Mount CAD files

Here is a pic of the mounts we(gloverman and myself) use for the 1uz/hilux conversion. With these they use the stock 2L(diesel) rubber mounts and bolt the engine straight in with no mods to the g/box Xmember.
  7. L

Hey Nick, So this is that new project you were talking about. Sorry im a bit out of the loop, havnt been on here in ages. Yeah the S4/5 uses the rear sump and fits in quite nicely. How different are the 4/5 crossmembers from the S2??? Looks like its comming along nicely. You gonna run it up...
  8. L

mazda b2500 with lexus v8 conversion

I think i wrote up the best sump fitment on the first page?? Check there first but im pretty sure its a front sump from a toyota celsor or lexus LS400.
  9. L

Oil Filter

Z418 in a hilux chassis This is a pic of my z418 oil filter fitted to my Soarer/SC400 1UZ which is in a hilux. I believe you can buy this filter mount from toyota and its probably cheaper than setting up a remote system. See filter directly below dipstick.
  10. L

yeah hilux's do have R15** gear boxes but only in the latest models the 4WD ones are R151 i think?? But the 2WD ones are expensive.
  11. L

1uz-fe engine into 92 2wd hilux advice

I run a W58 box in my 1UZ powered LN85 and i have changed the diff ratio down to 3:9. Open road cruising is a lot better and im getting good econmy considering the power. Yet to really get into tuning the LinkPlus G2 ECU yet but im hoping to get some good results...
  12. L

Another Hilux - Built for Scott

Wow sounds like some real progress, those monster lux's look really cool i wouldnt mind having a crack at building one.
  13. L

id suggest something 3 core or 4 core from a diesel courier or b2* series ute. Pop in and see the guys at cartune cnr kent and empire street frankton. they will point you in the right direction. Im usually there most weekends too.
  14. L

Single Turbo SC400

this looks similar to a VG30det but in reverse. Be interesting to see how well it goes. Nice to see someone giving it a go.
  15. L

My old 1UZ-fe hilux dragging RB20det 200sx

as long as my new 1UZ hilux keeps those LS1 boat anchors honest, im a happy man......not a bad effort for a "training V8"...by the way that pass was 14.78sec
  16. L

Hilux Pickup 2.2 Petrol Needs A Lex V8

yeah they made 4Y hilux's here but mainly in the 2WD models i think. one of my mates had a 4Y 4X4 hilux which i thought was pretty cool. It was even the same colour as yours. great for taking up the bush hunting and stuff
  17. L

My old 1UZ-fe hilux dragging RB20det 200sx

This is me in my old hilux before it got stolen, un tuned and taking it easy down the 1/4 mile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg6zkA8pISc My new hilux is comming together and is 90% complete. hoping N/A will do 13 second quarter miles. Philip
  18. L

this ute was one of the guys from the cartune company(glovermans workshop) and we were bored one night so just did a random test fit into it. We had heard it was a real mission to do but its not much different to a hilux really. the ute is for sale on trademe now i think as a rolling body.
  19. L

Hilux Pickup 2.2 Petrol Needs A Lex V8

Hey adam its Philip(BADLUXV8), Dont think i have forgotten about you're conversion, i was running around the wreckers last tuesday and saw a an 87' 4Y 4x4 hilux. I will try get back and get some photo's and take some measurements and see how different they are from the later model...
  20. L

Another Hilux - Built for Scott

you paid $1100AUD for a ali radiator!!! yikes....i think you can get a ali cross flow radiator here that does the job for about $750NZD....Im just a cheap ass and got mine built for $350NZD haha But yeah if your in the mud and stuff i wouldnt cheap out on cooling.