Search results

1. P

serious help guys

Ehhhhh ok? On top of that finding a tuner in my area that can setup the vvti on the standalone will also contribute to the NIGHTMARES I've read about soooo that kinda discouraged me from it so I might just got with the non-vvti 1/2 uz hybrid... Also I've been meaning to ask when swapping a...
  2. P

serious help guys

Because I've read about peoples nightmares on swapping it into an early sc.
  3. P

serious help guys

Hmmmmmmmm what if we gave it a go with the vvti pistons? Would the early rods have different pin sizes then the vvti rods? Or maybe machine the non-vvti pistons? This is kinda interesting and I would be willing increase my budget for if I could get some good solid advice on how to make it work...
  4. P

Fuel pump not turning on

^ bingo! Or just get another ecu from the salvage yard cheap I bought a 98 vvti ecu for $15 the other day.
  5. P

serious help guys

Turbo is an option but what about a root style s/c like the m112 or m90? I like they whine they make :D but not sure if they could make the power I want. Well probably not the m90 that's made for smaller displacement engines. And what would it take to mount the vvti heads to an early block...
  6. P

serious help guys

Like I said my budget is around 10k and yes forced induction was part of the plan I just cant choose which engine to start with. I've read of guys making good numbers on the 1uz but yet I'm look for more displacement which leaves me with the hybrid swap or just the plain old 2 uz with a built...
  7. P

serious help guys

I looking for the best route to make the sc a threat at the strip I practically got my ass handed to me by everything except a the all motor hondas. I know most of you will say turbo, nos or sc but I need a good platform to start out with, the car is down till its ready. You guys will say...
  8. P

timing vs shift times

Ok so it just retards the timing x amount for y amount of time between shifts? Also how would I go about getting the car to shift faster? Boosting the line pressure, shift kit? I'm just running on stock power
  9. P

timing vs shift times

Hey guys I've been reading up on my car its a 92 sc400 and from what I've read it retards the timing a good amount when shifting to smooth it out. I was talking to a buddy of mine and he suggested upgrading the valve bodies to shorten the shift times thus giving the ecu less of a chance to...
  10. P

Fuel pump not turning on

Disconnect the fuel pump, get a multimeter and see if it gets power at the pump if not then trace it back till you find the problem it could be something as simple as a bad wire.
  11. P

Output curves for 1UZ-FE VVTi (1997 on)

There is one in the tech articles if I recall.
  12. P

Project Thread ra29 celica

If your looking for vvti then a 1uz from a second gen sc if your looking to just get more power since your looking to mix an match I'd go with a 2uz block with ported 1uz heads.
  13. P

HELP Steer me away from a Chevy LSx

Its pretty expensive but i give lsx is a better option once all the fabbing is done but I stay faithful to Toyota won't change it for anything less then a 20b.
  14. P

I'd bet your first born that you have access to more equipment and far more experience then the average diy guy. :D
  15. P

Lol wtf if it works then what does it matter I recommend it if your looking for low budget add on performance since we don't have enough displacement to make big numbers n/a or $5-12k to sling out for a good turbo setup. Personally I'm not a fan of sc's but for a street car with extra oomph im...
  16. P

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13651 There you go man sorry about.
  17. P

http:// www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13651 Take a look at this... As I said getting power out of the 1uz isn't hard if you now how to do it.
  18. P

1uz spec advice

2uz hybrid would help break those rear tires loose quick.
  19. P

SC'd 1/2uz hybrid ?

From the articles and threads I've read here to my understanding we could use the 2uz block along with the 1uz rods but not the pistons. I'm starting to collect parts for my project and am soon going to order pistons. I plan on running 6-8psi. My question is would it be safe to run the stock...