Search results

1. D

Injectors for 500bhp

I recently fitted some short ev14 injectors out of a GM LS3 V8 to my early 1uzfe. I used 14mm to 11mm aluminium top hat adaptors. For the bottom I just trimed down the plastic lip on the bottom of the injector and used standard toyota bottom seals.
  2. D

Standalone ECU Megasquirt info for 1uz

The rear gears would make a big differance.
  3. D

My Tune wont help you as I have ITB's on my engine, But I found the base map that comes with the MS2extra firmware is a good starting point. Just set your "required fuel" and ingnition settings to suit the 1uz and start tuning from there. I dont have IAC because of the ITB's. Why would you...
  4. D

Cast Aluminum Rear Drop Sump for 1UZ

They look great. Cheers Daniel.
  5. D

The thinner ones sound good. I assume they will look the same as the pictured ones only lower. Can you work out a price for non polished as well. My headers are the only polished part on my engine so would probably just sand blast them to match. I'm interested to see what else you come up...
  6. D

I like them. How much? Cheers Daniel.
  7. D

They look pretty good Bob.:)
  8. D

Hi Bob, As your probably aware from other forums my rod is now on the road. I would be interested in some of your cast rocker cover inserts. Would be good to get rid of the Toyota on the passanger side to keep people guessing what engine it is. How much? do you have any pictures? Cheers...
  9. D

wideband sensor bung location for turbocharged v8 gen 1 tundra

Somewhere before the cats will be fine. Dont put the second sensor in. It's no good for the sensor to be left in the exhaust stream and not connected to a controller.
  10. D

Microtech wiring help older LT8 please

Sounds like it is set up for the twin dizzy's if the 2 factory ignitors are wired up to it.
  11. D

Standalone ECU how does one configure ms3for lexus iacv.

A quick search on MSextra.com found this. http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=46607&p=335043&hilit=toyota+stepper#p335043
  12. D

Microtech wiring help older LT8 please

I dont know the specifics of the Microtech, but to run 4 twin post coils you will need 4 igniters. You cant just pair up the coils. Did the microtech come off of a 1uz as they normally come set up from the factory to suit a specific engine.
  13. D

Standalone ECU some advice pls on fitting ms..ie trigger wheel.

MS2 works with the standard trigger wheels. I would assume MS3 could as well. Did you read this thread? http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15390
  14. D

Why not ditch the factory ecu altogether and run a GPIO board as a trans controller? Thats what I'm running in my hot rod with MS2. I have also seen on the web a guy running a 2jz and a340 with an MS3 and GPIO board.
  15. D

Megasquirting 1uz???

You just wire up 4 injectors to each of the injector channels and connect the fuel pump to the fuel pump relay. Have a look at the wiring diagram in the megasquirt manual online. All the info is there.
  16. D

Megasquirting 1uz???

The Toyota air temp sensor is built into the airflow meter. With MS you can remove the airflow meter so you need to add a air temp sensor somewhere in the air intake. I dont have a diagram of the fuel injector system.
  17. D

Megasquirting 1uz???

Yeah you wont need the edis8. Im running mine as per that link. Only thibg you will need is an air temp sensor.
  18. D

Megasquirting 1uz???

This link shows how to run a 1uz with MS2 and all the stock components. http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=35950&p=251419#p251419 Cheers Daniel.
  19. D

MS Identification 1uz

That is an MS1. Here is a link with the info you will need to run a 1uz with MS2 keeping all the factory ignition components and sensors. http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=35950&p=251419#p251419 Cheers Daniel
  20. D

Wanted Crown ECU

That is correct, mine is running all the standard parts. Just had to add an air temp sensor. Search my posts on here, I posted a link the the megasquirt forum that has all the info you need to run a 1u from megasquirt.