Search results

1. S

1UZ-FE/w58 into an Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

I once had big plans for a certain Italian car, but in the end, it wound up being a better piece of sculpture. Kind of a sad reality, but life is too short.
  2. S

$500

Great find, looks good, will inspire me to get mine out of the garage more often...
  3. S

Unichip wiring asap 1uz

I just looked where I thought it was; was not there. I do recall that besides power and ground, the other connections were to the maf wires that handled mixture, and the crank sensor for timing. The unichip was placed in-line on one side of the sensor's circuits, to alter the signal going back...
  4. S

Unichip wiring asap 1uz

I've got one in one of my tool boxes, can dig it out here soon. Is it already calibrated for you, if not, how do you plan to make the adjustments for your engine?
  5. S

Piggyback ECU Soarer Unichip

My car had made some noise, it was the valves sticking slightly. The sound went away, slowly, with regular oil changes, lots of freeway driving. Tuning will help also, as the car won't be so rich, which can contribute to carbon buildup, sticking valves.
  6. S

Does anyone know any part numbers for the convertor to pipe gaskets?

I want to buy some from a vendor when I get my tune-up parts, but the descriptions are pretty loose on aftermarket exhaust gaskets. Does anyone know, say the correct Bosal PN for the convertor to pipe gaskets?
  7. S

Custom/cut down MAF housing

You could duplicate the cross section of the oem housing with some fabricated tubing, but, as others have mentioned, the setup is very sensitive, and you'll likely wind up in open loop mode. A way to fix that would be to also include the bypass section in the tubing, complete with tuning...
  8. S

Porting intake manifold, larger tb vs. itb's

I looked into this a few years ago, found the stock intake runners to start at 41.5mm and end at around 38mm at the head.I've had several cars with Webers and homemade intake manifolds in the past. I did find this site to be interesting; www.928developments.com/morepics.htm Just never...
  9. S

Transmission Oil as a cooling medium

I would have a dedicated oil system just for the turbos, and a pressure switch that will shut off fuel/spark if there's no pressure.
  10. S

Buying a truck what would you get?

I was riding in a Montero once and the spark plugs were starting to change themselves, thought the thing had thrown a rod! I would also lean towards the Landcruiser. (btw the older 4-Runners were improved with a 3.4 sometime towards the end...)
  11. S

Trans rebuilding cost?

Anyone have the pleasure of having their stock trans rebuilt?
  12. S

IS-F is Hot!

Just got through reading about the upcoming IS-F; 5.0(stroked 4.6) V-8, with 416hp/371tq. The car weighs in at 3700 or so, with an electronic, performance-oriented 8 speed automatic that shifts in a tenth of a second. All at a price of $60K.
  13. S

Went head up yesterday against a Z07 Vette...

That's awesome, sounds like things are running well. (at)What rpms do you shift into third?
  14. S

Porting and polishing heads on the 1uz's..

That's funny about the "boundary layer flow separation" claims in that article; I can clearly see how that would apply to aeronautics, where a wing is a valid control surface, but engines are pumps; different application entirely. I have sharpened the divider into a more agreeable profile on...
  15. S

LS400 High fuel consumption

Dirty air filter perhaps...
  16. S

Crazy story!!!!

G bless those kids, are you close by to the family, for support?
  17. S

K&N Air filter

The filter area is too small with the BFI, or stock sized filter. Go with something that has around twice the area and you'll be fine. Otherwise you'll be limiting yourself when running over 4,000 rpms.
  18. S

Air Flow Meter problems

I recall a rich, default mode on my SC when I forgot to plug the sensor back in after doing some work.
  19. S

Acura NSX pro's and con's...

Having owned mid-engined cars for over twenty years, I can say that the low position does get old; people cut you off more often, and getting in and out can be taxing on a daily basis. But drifting at 100, w/one hand on the wheel is very nice when you do get the chance.
  20. S

Cleaning !@#$% Silicone Sealant

Naptha works to help dissolve silicone.