Search results

1. T

Has anyone welded Titanium?

ti is alright to weld. its like welding a dirty heavy stainless that doesn't wash as well
  2. T

Do you like your extractors?

lol duh, they're cheap chinese manifolds LoL!
  3. T

Trade Air Flow Meter/injectors for Supra (7m-gte) swap

I have a supra friend that needs a Lexus AFM & injectors to swap onto a 7m-gte supra if anyone has any at a reasonable price. Please PM me and Ill give you his contact info!
  4. T

CAUTION!!!! Wet Paint

3000 times better! looks awesome!
  5. T

1UZ Stainless Headers

cool beans, where's the flex joint going?
  6. T

How do you properly weld Stainless? Tips? Tricks? Advice? Techniques?

Ya I love bread. I mean they bring home so many damn loaves of bread & dont eat it... It's free!
  7. T

Home made headers....

Hey Ill give you credit, unlike most people doing their own projects, you're getting some penitration! Hey man just a tip. Don't make collectors like that. Not as effecient (shoot for 12* if possible), and curves are more expencive than straight pipe ;) Love the purge caps, I use...
  8. T

Tuned lengths?

Do you have pipe or tube? What's the actual OD/ID & wall thickness? If possible, port match the flange, have the initial primary a fingernail wider than the port to helpprevent reversion. Too bad you're not in North America. 1.5" Schedule-10 stainless is ideal for many. Easy for the newbies...
  9. T

That's a good way. Personally I use slices of bread, no joke. Find something that's cheap, can take the heat if it's too close and will burn off so fast it wont exactly contaminate it!
  10. T

1UZ Stainless Headers

lol big stickout on that electrode lol somebody was welding inside his collector before he quit welding for the pic lol looks good!
  11. T

Water/Meth injection setups

Ive sued te snow kit before. Tony Leung has used them several times. I see nothing spcial with aquamist. You can buy full piggybacks that can do many things AND work the injectors for less than the aquamist kits & then use whatever parts you want. Shurflo is so sworn by from so many but Ill...
  12. T

SC400 Cold Air Intake project Big photos warning

chromium carbide precipitation Brush the chromium carbide precipitation off it'll rust there.
  13. T

Mathematical equation for HP VS. RWHP?

Until you're talking raw power outputs that can shove hundreds of pounds of weight to the rear of a car, FWD > RWD in a straight line provided the playing field of suspension geometry and differential type is level. Its one thing to say RWD is just ungodly better down a strip when you're...
  14. T

Let's "Elect" the Next US President

Mccain personally admits he can't and won't try to run an economy (cabinet), but he'll be the best foriegn policy canidate Obama has the strongest economy and least foriegn policy experiance. Hillary is the anti-christ but she's the most balanced. Historcally... rep. views on how to run a...
  15. T

About filler sizes. Cut your preffered rods down where you can easily use them. I cut 3/32 and 1/16ths in half. For the size weld puddles we generally carry around it may only take 1/8 of a 3/32" rod to do a weld. 1/4 of a 1/16" rod. And an entire stick of anything smaller. Remember do not...
  16. T

Sigh forum problems eating my posts! What exactly are you welding??? Post your pics! Use 1/16 and 3/32 filler until youre welding very thin metal. I preffer 3/32 on almost everything, but I can control it. Once you get use to thicker it's just easier. There's much less rod feeding to do with...
  17. T

93-94LS400 vs other full size sedans

You should do your own legwork instead of bothering others to do it 1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 7.1 15.4 1993 Infiniti Q45 7.5 15.6 1993 Lexus LS 400 8.2 16.2 2007 Ford Police Interceptor 3.27 8.71 16.58
  18. T

How to create straight piping on 1uzfe?

no idea, but i know every time i've ever emailed burn's stainless asking for their best designs on various engine types it's always gone X pipe, large Y pipe, H pipe (straight with a crossover), straight pipe. AFA general power production.
  19. T

Motec vs Autotronice vs unichip

two generations of piggyback tuning old all the while being limited to only the idiots that generally install them for tuning that will know nothing about your engine. plus they do less than several equivilant generation piggybacks. yet they cost 3-5x more. unichips are utter BS plain &...
  20. T

LS400 S/C through bonnet manifold - thoughts please

ditto. too much "crx of doom" ish for me.