Search results

1. V

1 UZFE into 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Okay so lets see if I can get this right, here is a video of what the engine sound like with the diesel silencer still on the exhaust, it doesn't sound as nice as I would like it to sound, but it still sound okay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10JLXT3_K5Q
  2. V

Hey Guys Its been a while, and I have been busy on the Jeep. I am happy to say that I have almost ironed out all the bugs, and the Jeep runs very nicely. I have started with the accessories on the Jeep now, and I have done quite a bit in a short amount of time. So far I have: 1...
  3. V

Hey Guys So I am happy to report that I have the Jeep back now, and they had to completely change the prop shafts because they have a CV setup on both ends and that was not working. But it is finally running and I must say it was worth the wait. I will take some pictures tonight and try...
  4. V

Hey Guys So I am still waiting for the jeep. The guy was not happy with the engine mounts, and the setup between the gearbox and transfer case so he redid all the work again. And I went to see it on Friday, and he was finally almost finished with it, the exhaust is on, and the gearbox wiring...
  5. V

Hey Guys Just thought I would put up an update since I haven't been on the site for over four months. During all the house renovations, and trying to run the business and still buying some properties I managed to finish what I can on the Jeep. It is now at a workshop where they will do the...
  6. V

Hi Guys So I finally got the Jeep started this weekend, and let me tell you there is no better sound in the world, it was like christmas for me when she fired up. Anyway, before I got to starting it, I battled a bit with getting the gearbox back on to the engine, with the engine installed...
  7. V

Hi Guys I know its been quite a while since my last post, but I only got back to working on the jeep this weekend. I was battling to get the gearbox fitted with the engine already in the jeep, so I finaly gave up and decided to take out the engine and fit the gearbox on the ground. It took...
  8. V

Hey Guys Sorry for the small amount of pics, but as I said not much difference when you do wiring, and believe me it takes alot of time. But then again, if I just wanted the engine to run it would probably have taken me four hours to wire the engine. Thats how easy the spitronics system...
  9. V

Hi guys, so I finally figured out the wiring and after a quick phone call to the guys at spitronics, I found out that the wiring was still wrong. Spitronics gives you a different crank gear for the pick up, and with that gear installed you don't need to connect the TDC sensors, so only the crank...
  10. V

Okay so after a few hours of going through all the drawings, I finally figured out which wire from the sensors to connect to which wires from the EMU, and that is now done. But still no green light flashing, but I also saw in the installation guide that I need to first connect the emu to the...
  11. V

Hilux Surf LN130 1UZ-FE

Hi Anthug Can you maybe tell me what the outside diameter of the manifold pipes are? Cheers
  12. V

Okay so I have been a bit of an idiot to try and connect the park/neutral sensor to the battery positive as it must actually be connected to the battery negative. Once I did that the engine cranked. But according to the management system installation guide it should have a green light...
  13. V

Okay so I have been reading through mountains of wiring diagrams, and found the jeep wire that must go to the park neatral switch, and decided to connect that directly to the battery positive and see if the engine cranks. But nothing. So after reading through the rest of the diagrams, I am...
  14. V

1UZFE Alternator wiring diagram

Hi Guys Ivan129 sorry to piggyback onto your thread, but I also have a question on the wiring. I would like to connect the alternator onto my existing wiring from the Jeep, but can't seem to figure which wire goes where. The jeeps has only two wires, a green and a white/ dark blue wire...
  15. V

Okay so today I am alot happier than yesterday, as I figured out what the problem was. So listen up anyone that wants to do this swap, ensure that the junction blocks located at the passenger foot area are inserted correctly and the bolts tightened, as the jeep will have no power to anything...
  16. V

Okay so I have been quite busy the last couple of days when it doesn't rain. And I must say that trying to match the sensors to the Jeep wiring harness is a bit of a missison, but I seem to have finished most of the wiring. I finished up the wiring yesterday, and tried to start the engine...
  17. V

Sensor Identification

Thank you very much Bushwacker Now I can battle on. Cheers
  18. V

Sensor Identification

Hi guys I need some help with identifiying two sensors. The sensors are located on the inside of both the banks just behind the starter. Underneath the intake manifold. They have a green wire that comes out of each of them. Thank you Cheers
  19. V

Hi Guys I thought it time for a bit of an update. I have so far changed the engine mountings as I broke the one, and had to buy new ones, but the original is too expensive so after a bit of research I found out that the Ford Sierra mountings are almost exactly the same but for 1/6 of the...
  20. V

Hey gloverman I take it the owner of the Jeep is much more impressed with the 1 uz than he was with the original engine. They do fit well, only thing is the gearbox is a bit shorter and the engine does not move back as much as the original, so I will end up with modified drive shafts, which...