Search results

1. A

1UZ VVTi In IS200 - Using Stock Rad, Fuel Pump etc

Got it all back together today. Definitely worth the hassle to get the bottom end back. Cheers
  2. A

Ah - if only it were that simple... When I removed the manifold I found the knock sensor wiring had been bodged up - googling shows that the wiring loom to it is a common fault and the harness is no longer available and whilst it was working ok its coated in copper grease so I'd like to fix it...
  3. A

To wrap this up I ordered the 25860-50121 valve from Parts Souq who are in the UAE as they had them in stock and were 1/3 the price of Lexus. It arrived within 3 days. Stripped the manifold off and it IS the exact part I had fitted - so Gloverman was right and Lexus UK got it wrong three times !
  4. A

That's fantastic. Thank you.
  5. A

Thanks again. I have gone to order the part and after checking my donor's Chassis No. JT153UF2000131082 they have said that 25860-50121 won't fit and I need Lexus Vacuum Switching Valve No.2 90910-12183 Part cost: £85.56 BUT that it is obsolete Googling that part no. gives me 17650E which...
  6. A

I don't suppose you know the part number ? I've googled it to death and spoken to my (unhelpful) Lexus Dealer They think I need 17650 No.1 25860-50110 but no one seems to mention that part no. I think I need 17650 No.2 25860-50121 which a few people mention (albeit with later cars) I'd...
  7. A

Update: Gloverman - spot on diagnosis - the ACIS wasn't working - cable tied it down and it feels like a V8 should. Just have to fix it properly now to get the top end back. Thanks
  8. A

It's ok then as it revs fine. Yes - so it's pretty low geared - I expected it to struggle to get the power down. Thanks I'll look into it. I tried to connect a mate's Snapon Modis earlier today but it seems it can't communicate with pre 2000 cars even on OBDII
  9. A

Thanks. I was thinking the dyno and / or an AFR gauge is my next step It has been professionally wired in and the VVT seems to be working it's just far more civilised than I was hoping for - my 240bhp Supercharged MX5 is far livelier. On another forum it's been suggested the ECT switch on the...
  10. A

I have bought an IS200 which has had a 1UZ VVTi installed by the previous owner. It doesn't feel as quick as I thought it would. In essence he has ONLY used the 1UZ engine and ECU everything else is stock: Gearbox, fuel pump, rad, axle etc Has anyone got experience as I find it hard to...
  11. A

FD rx7 1uz with m122

Good to see. Might want to correct the title though to 1UZ Have you got any more info / pics of the engine swap ? Cheers
  12. A

FD rx7 1uz with m122

Any more info or pics would be handy. Not sure if you've seen this - not exactly relevant as his build was anything but budget http://www.performancecar.co.nz/articles/1996-mazda-rx-7-fd3s-payback-166
  13. A

FD rx7 1uz with m122

Hi, How much clearance is there for the exhaust manifolds ?
  14. A

1UZ into FD RX7 (4th Gen, Series 4 )

Hi, Birmingham, I have a donor Soarer and a complete RX7 less the engine and box and I can see it's going to be very tight on width and require a 3"ish bonnet bulge.
  15. A

Noob from the UK

Looks a nice clean shell - I'll be eager to see your progress.
  16. A

UZFE Powered FD RX 7

I've finally bought an FD too. I have a Soarer which is providing the engine currently I'm running the FD around with the rotary as I'd never had one before - not my thing though. I can't start my project for a few months yet as I have promised to sell some of my other toys first. Would love...
  17. A

For future searchers... I have found an FD RX7 1UZ that is used in hillclimbs in NZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvN4mVTPmzQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPu6FnUHA3g I'm trying to contact the owner to get a few details.
  18. A

Which HiLux Clutch ?

Just googled and the 3vz appears to be the 3litre V6 PETROL with only 180lbs of torque - no way I'd use that. (If my quick google is correct)
  19. A

Which HiLux Clutch ?

I guess it depends a bit on what vehicle its in but my project will RWD only and around 1250kg so not exactly tough on a clutch. What torque are the Hi Lux making ? I'd think the 3.0 diesel must be comparable to a standard ish 1UZ.
  20. A

At least I know its possible then. Can you remember if they had standard bonnets ? It seems that the LS1 just fits under the bonnet but from what I've seen the 1UZ appears to be 3" higher and I don't really fancy a 3" bulge nor spending the £3000 extra for an LS1. I've googled loads but I...