Search results

1. M

Hello, newbie

Thats quite alarming, what is causing the extra length? Im going on the diagram posted here and dimension M in particular:- http://www.uzswap.com/forum/gallery/1_01_11_06_10_57_20.jpg Smart tuning, which hopefully wont involve lots of expense trying to prepare it to stay together with block...
  2. M

Recession hit home!!!!!!

Its kicking hell out of everyone as far as I can see. Some friends work for JCB building excavators in the UK and jcb are shedding jobs left right and centre. The last round of cuts the MD of jcb came on the tv and said they have full order books, need all the people theyre letting go but all...
  3. M

1UZ In an Aluminium monocoque

Thats beautiful... Even 2 and a bit years later. Any updated pics?
  4. M

New toy for the garage

Think you had some surface coating on that aluminium tube, hence the marks around the heat affected zone where its burnt off. No biggie here, but if its a critical one, ally likes to be super clean to weld nicely. Galv comes out like that if you don't clean it off well, and you get galvanic flu...
  5. M

LPG Prepped 1UZFE Internals

Lextreme, did you call out the thermo coating because of the numbers the customer wants or because he specified lpg?
  6. M

gearbox adaptor plates.

Id really like to get hold of that un1->1uzfe plate dimensions too. It would save me a ton of trouble to just have the bolt positions etc to put in the mill to cut a plate out... Lambo, not sure the un5 will be of much use to you. The un5 variant has a *really* low diff ratio and the diff...
  7. M

Hello, newbie

Hi, I just joined up as Im looking at the 1UZFE as a engine option in something Im building. My project is (very) long term, Its a Nova/Sterling kitcar, which originally had a vw bug motor and chassis, changed to a 2L pinto which stuck up through the rear sunshield and caused terrible weight...