Search results

1. T

More Questions...

OK, I will give you guys the background info first so you guys can give me more accurate answers. I have decided when I finally get around to doing the 1uz swap into my AE86 that I am going to get it running in almost stock form first then build up a spare motor for higher HP to drop in at a...
  2. T

My AE86

I want to see the pictures!!! Thanks in advance.
  3. T

Military Check In - Active Duty and Prior Service members

Name: Aaron Rank: SrA (E-4) (tested and made SSgt but got out) Branch: Air Force Job: 2W051 Munitions Systems (explosive supply basically) Years of Service: 4 and out Assignments: 1. Ramstein AB, Germany Jan 04-July 06 2. Hill AB, Ogden Utah July 06-Aug 07
  4. T

1uzfe+tko500 - hydraulic throw out setup

I am researching options for the same conversion right now (1uz + tko). I have not seen a hydraulic set up yet. Are you going with a kit from Bellows or Castlemaine Rod Shop for your bellhousing/adapter or making your own? Aaron
  5. T

My AE86

The link in the first post does not seem to work...
  6. T

Newbie Q's

Jake what are your plans as far as the gauge cluster? are you going to wire it for the 86 cluster or go with something different?
  7. T

Newbie Q's

I think a rear sump will work the best because I am planning on moving the motor back 2-3 inches (50-78mm) much like on this build. to get a good weight balance front to rear. I am shooting for somewhere between 54% front and 46% rear to 52%F/48%R. I am going to do my best not to move the...
  8. T

Newbie Q's

Ok so i have been reading the 1uzfe Q&A Article By Phil Bradshaw (click here to see article). and I have come up with some questions. I have been spending alot of time reading on this forum and I do use the search option so I don't think these have been asked before, or i am just not...
  9. T

How Are We Doing?

I realize the poll is closed but I have to say the people here make the forum. I love this site already and I have only been a member for a few days. This is the friendliest forum I am a member of, and I am a member of 7 or 8 forums. And like everyone else has said this site is very...
  10. T

gearbox adaptor plates.

PM sent...
  11. T

New to this forum...

cribbj, Thanks for the welcome. as for the 1uz not being that popular here in the states I don't understand it I have a friend who is a Toyota/Lexus mechanic and he keeps telling me 2uz is the way to go... "1u is a waist of time." from what I have been reading the 1u is exactly what i need...
  12. T

gearbox adaptor plates.

I am alittle confused... Is someone making the adapters or are these just PDF files to make your own. I am really interested in PDF files for the T5 trans if someone has them.
  13. T

New to this forum...

cjsupra90: I have owned two 7's both 87's (one n/a and one TII). I built the TIIs suspension up really well. I loved that car but when I moved back from Germany (Military) I decided I did not want a car that I was used to cruising at 100+ MPH. Might be bad for my driving record. I think it was a...
  14. T

Demographics of this Forum

23 and I actually had to think about this... how sad is that :pat:
  15. T

Where are you located?

Land of brats, beer, and cheese... (Wisconsin for those of you who don't know)
  16. T

New to this forum...

Like the title says I am new to this forum, and I am new to Lexus v8s also. I bought a 86 Toyota corolla AE86 in march and have been reading and planing to make it into a Daily driven, auto-x and track car. I just finished one plan and parts list for swapping a JDM 20v Blacktop into the car...