Search results

1. C

Importing Flywheel etc - Any UK Want To Split Postage

Thor kit looks very nice, but I've heard of a few bad experiences from people dealing with them (can't vouch for those opinions, I've never dealt with Thor) and their prices are certainly on the high side. I had my adaptor plate made by my local machine shop for £180. I still had to do a bit...
  2. C

Actually that 20 quid was all in.
  3. C

Postage from NZ isn't too bad. I think my A1 Turbos flywheel cost about £20 to ship.
  4. C

New guy here, with Flyhweel Questions

GT, if you PM me your email I can send you a couple of pics of the A1 Turbos flywheel. Cheers, Chris.
  5. C

Clutch for T5 LS400???

If the input shaft is the same as a Mustang (10 spline, 1-1/16") then a BMW M3 disc (E36 I think) should work. I'm using an AP clutch with a 10 spline 1-1/8" centre and it's a very good fit. As for covers, that depends on your flywheel. I'm using an A1 Turbos flywheel which is made to suit a...
  6. C

MR2 flywheel ??

Marcus, you might want to consider getting a flywheel from A1 Turbos in New Zealand. I received mine a few weeks ago, total cost was £236 to Newcastle including import and vat etc. You then use the ring gear from the flex plate. Personally I think it's a bargain at that price, certainly compared...
  7. C

weight for complete 1UZ (non vvti) with auto tran

Trust me to pick the one load cell with a display that was massively out of calibration. Having carried out a few tests I found that it was over reading by only 75%! The corrected numbers are: Complete engine 'cut out' as removed from the car (ie. engine, all pumps, alternator, 'box, engine...
  8. C

weight for complete 1UZ (non vvti) with auto tran

My engine and trans should be arriving tomorrow. I'm going to use a 1.o Te load cell (calibrated) to get the weight of the engine and trans, then the engine without the trans but all the ancilliaries attached. I'll post the results when I can. Chris.
  9. C

Long shot, but B/W / Tremec T5 question?????

cjSupra90, did you ever get this installation sorted out? If so, what clutch arrangement did you use? I'm looking at using this setup in my car but don't know of a solution. I'm looking to use a modified 3SGTE flywheel, but I don't think there are any Toyota clutches which have a disc with a...