Search results

1. N

hunting and too rich on cold start up

Runs bad when cold and fine when at operating temps? Have you checked for any DTC's? The AF when cold is supposed to be rich anyway, but check for those codes. Your engine might just be getting worn.
  2. N

Need better shifting on my 1992 sc400

Restalling the converter won't effect shifting. Get the valve body modified from the link for IPT provided. That will shift much quicker, and make the trans more reliable with stronger holding of the clutch packs.
  3. N

Wont start help needed

Go through your fuse box, including the large ones under the hood for the alternator. You let the magic smoke out. And next time, don't hook the cables up backwards, and it won't smoke. If you didn't hook them up backwards, you have a direct ground, also called a short to ground.
  4. N

Air Flow meter part numbers

The wreckers? Is that the same as a tow truck driver or wrecker driver? They are full of shit more often than not.
  5. N

got a mass air flow sensor code

Typical Toyota is to share the filtered ground (E2). Do you have the EWD for EFI control?
  6. N

Project Thread MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

I just started your thread. Did you do that welding to stiffen the chasis? Assuming so, how do you like it if you have done it before?
  7. N

Need help!!!! auto tranny.

Yep. The Supras had the 340 and the Celsior (LS) had the 341. Different gearing. 2.8 vs 2.5. Approximately.
  8. N

GT3582 t3 exhaust too small for single?

.82 is sized nicely for a 7M. Go with the 1.06 as suggested. You will have a very broad powerband.
  9. N

Oilless Turbos

I have a Comp Turbo product, but it isn't oilless. That is done because a car didn't come with a factory unit, not because it is better. Grease has more friction than redline, andy way you try to spin. They are not sold for performance upgrades, even if they market it that way. NGT was later...
  10. N

Injector upgrade

Oh, ok. I guess I better take them back out.
  11. N

conversion 1/4 mile times?

http://www.corral.net/tech/brakehp.html And as for the earlier comments (2004) it does work. All the formulas do is hp in reverse. Horsepower is calculated, not measured. Torque is measured, the hp is calculated. Distance, weight, and time.
  12. N

Injector upgrade

The factory Toyota injectors are 550cc low resistance(impedance).
  13. N

Please help! Car can't run over 4000rpm.

So it really feels like volume of fuel is limited, and not spark timing or PCM limiting the speed. It is hard to say without putting my hands on it. If there isn't a control problem, then something is restricting engine airflow, and as such, the PCM just isn't delivering the volume of fuel...
  14. N

97 ls400 engine light on with ticking noise

So, he didn't check one of two things. The sensor, and the circuitry needed to deliever the signal to the ECU. Or PCM in the case of 96 and newer. You still have the car? Was the actual engine timing checked?
  15. N

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h48.pdf Page 1 of 12, shows importance, or strategy. This guys online stuff is lifted straight from manuals like Engine Control Systems. There are various years and updates from TCCS through OBDII.
  16. N

It the engine speed doesn't vary, it isn't the TPS. And by the TPS, I am talking about the circuit, not just the device. So I don't think you need to be looking at it. So, what codes have come back? The oxygen sensors won't cause that problem. In fact, they almost never cause a noticable...
  17. N

How do you edit a post for spelling? I don't see anything next to quote, multiquote, and quick reply.
  18. N

This is what I was wondering. Does it go to 4000 and stay, or go up and down? The TPS being unplugged, or bad wiring will cause a fue cut condition. But after the RPM drops, the fuel will restart. This is standard Toyota practice. If it sits at 4000, and just won't go higher, than you have a...
  19. N

Need some advice, oldschool sound needed

The 1JZGTE will never sound like a V8, because it isn't. Inline is smoother by nature, even with the longer crankshaft. For a deeper manly sound with some burble, swap to a 7M. Sound clips available.
  20. N

Dynoed my n/a 1UZ-FE with w58 tranny

It looks like the engine has a variable tuned manfiold.