Search results

1. Red Supra

What can we expect from a 2uzfe with 1uzfe rods/crank

I'm sure the 2 bolt main bearing cap setup can handle 450whp.
  2. Red Supra

1,100 rwhp @ 2.0 Bar (2UZFE)

It's been a while since I've seen on center turbine housing.
  3. Red Supra

Stock 1UZ @ 11.07 ET

Blown SC and Justin, What size turbine housings do both you use?
  4. Red Supra

T56 billet bellhousing

Can pre 2008 Dodge Viper internals be used with a short shaft tranny? Those cars have much greater amounts on torque in N/A and turbo application than the uz family. How many splines do the short shafts have?
  5. Red Supra

Replacing the cam cover breather

That should stay, it's there to keep oil in the motor and not in your catch can.
  6. Red Supra

Replacing the cam cover breather

Take a look at a bone stock RB26DETT, they got super-sized breather tubes and hoses from the factory. 2JZ-GTE on the other hand uses much smaller breather tubes and hoses. The last thing you want is pressure in the crankcase and pressure in the combustion chamber fighting each other.
  7. Red Supra

1uzfe oil pressure PSI

Yes it's high or the sensor is reading high. Check out my thread for more pressure numbers. http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1855&page=8
  8. Red Supra

Standalone ECU MSIII Finally Available

Nice unit.. love the sd card for datalogging. Having a laptop in the car is a drag!
  9. Red Supra

1,100 rwhp @ 2.0 Bar (2UZFE)

What's the deal David... where are the specs on the cylinder head?
  10. Red Supra

Yet another 1uz mk4 supra

Looking at those oil pump pictures you posted reminded me to mention that one can use the 2jz oil pump to oil pickup tube gasket. It's rubber impregnated metal style vs paper.
  11. Red Supra

Yes it could be very well sticking, I did not shim it as some do to increase oil pressure. I felt that adding 1 turbocharger would not cause a significant drop in our pressure. One would think that having 110 psi of oil pressure would cause some leaking from the front main seal.
  12. Red Supra

1uzfe oil pressure PSI

I was seeing 85 psi at high rpm warm, but now hitting 110 psi warm at 7000rpm.
  13. Red Supra

John you are correct! The oil pressure sender is aft filter, so it makes even less sense as to why the pressures have spiked up so much. I can't think of any other change I did to the car on the night of oil and filter change that would cause the pressure to get so high. Any ideas?
  14. Red Supra

Changed a 2002 Tundra 4.7 oil filter and the pressures have stayed the same at low rpm but are about 10 psi higher at top rpm. I have a nagging suspicion that it may be the pressure sender. This weekend I'm planning to Tee in a mechanical gauge off the turbo feed to get a second opinion.
  15. Red Supra

New Toys

Sounds better then a Ferrari ?
  16. Red Supra

It is indeed odd, before oil and filter change, oil pressures were: ~80 at start up when cold ~40 at idle when cold ~20 at idle when warm ~40 at 3K rpm when warm ~80 at 7k rpm when warm When oil gets superhot (extended highway crusing at 4K rpm) I've seen as low as 5psi at idle, but once cools...
  17. Red Supra

I'm defiantly looking to do a oil cooler. I've got a 25 row mocal that should fit in front of the driverside wheel. John, would you send some pictures of your setup, it sound like the cats meow.