How well does the VVTI 1UZ take boost?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Abdullthedoodle

So this summers,I'm gonna swap a KE70/TE72 Corolla with a 1UZ-FE.I plan to go turbo and i know the non vvti pre 95 1uz is the strongest but I'm only looking for 400whp.Now i can't decide between the VVTI and the NON VVTI because of the intake.I like how the vvti has it in the front instead of the left on the non vvti.Will twin TD04s be enough for 400whp or should i go for something like twin ct26? Recommend me injectors also would you recommend the emanage blue or the SAFC2? Cheers

I've done a few boosted vvti. Both supercharged and turbo. I've only taken them out to 300rwhp on stock internals and wasn't keen to squeeze more out of them. The ones with upgraded internals went to 400 easily and beyond. Personally I wouldn't do one without internals and full aftermarket ecu. Injectors any normal injector can be made to fit with some machining to replace the air assisted injectors.

I've done a few boosted vvti. Both supercharged and turbo. I've only taken them out to 300rwhp on stock internals and wasn't keen to squeeze more out of them. The ones with upgraded internals went to 400 easily and beyond. Personally I wouldn't do one without internals and full aftermarket ecu. Injectors any normal injector can be made to fit with some machining to replace the air assisted injectors.
I wouldn't wanna turbo a vvti only to be at 300rwhp,they make like 290rwhp with headers,exhaust,intake and better plugs etc with a piggy back.Can i do something with the non vvti intake? I don't like the fact that i will have to do a 90 bend on the left side for the intake.It won't look good either.

Sorry I should have said 300rwhp on big wheels. Ive only done 4x4 so dont have any readings for small wheels. Just had one I wired dynoed as he doesnt live close and it made 250rwkw with 35 tyres and an auto but with built engine with supercharger pumping 100 degree air. Back to improve charge cooling. The early intake manifold is the second restriction on the engine after the camshaft design. I've been wanting to try a custom plenum on a set of ITB lower manifolds (we get them black over here.) No ITB but custom top with single TB, Or use a supercharge manifold with intercooler inside and custom top , single TB and turbo.

Sorry I should have said 300rwhp on big wheels. Ive only done 4x4 so dont have any readings for small wheels. Just had one I wired dynoed as he doesnt live close and it made 250rwkw with 35 tyres and an auto but with built engine with supercharger pumping 100 degree air. Back to improve charge cooling. The early intake manifold is the second restriction on the engine after the camshaft design. I've been wanting to try a custom plenum on a set of ITB lower manifolds (we get them black over here.) No ITB but custom top with single TB, Or use a supercharge manifold with intercooler inside and custom top , single TB and turbo.
Hmm bigger tires definitely vary power,but i guess we'll have to see,i could go 400rwhp 1uz non vvti easily with a unichip,holset hx40 or twin td04s and bigger injectors with fpr and that would be stupid fast but we'll see how things go