1UZFE BUILD THREAD

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Its from a store called Princess auto, not sure if you have it down there in the states?
Heres a link
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/valve-spring-compressor/A-p8003725e

Currently it is on sale, works so easy on the head, I was scared it wouldnt but so simple
8003725.jpg

If you cant order it let me know, we can work something so I can ship it down to you.

Thanks. I have one of those "pliers". Bought it on Amazon.

I found that getting springs/retainers/keepers off and out was not tricky.
The cumbersome part was to assemble the pieces after having changed the oil seal.

Used the valve plier in the pic but the tricky bit was to get the keepers in place.

The first cylinder head took hours and hours to complete, with 3 keepers lost.
The 2nd head took about 4 hours and a half, no keepers lost.

(thats a bit more than 15 minutes for assembling one valve - maybe not too bad?)

Thanks. I have one of those "pliers". Bought it on Amazon.

I found that getting springs/retainers/keepers off and out was not tricky.
The cumbersome part was to assemble the pieces after having changed the oil seal.

Used the valve plier in the pic but the tricky bit was to get the keepers in place.

The first cylinder head took hours and hours to complete, with 3 keepers lost.
The 2nd head took about 4 hours and a half, no keepers lost.

(thats a bit more than 15 minutes for assembling one valve - maybe not too bad?)

Mine it works super easy, I will take some pics later tonight of it in use, found it pretty easy,
Where did you order oil seals from?

15 mins isn't to bad, I take my time as well, better to make sure it all gets together properly.

So this Thursday I should be picking up the car the motor is going into!

As well anyone have ideas of what color I should do the heads and engine block?
I was thinking one of these
p14116-black-diamond.jpg

or
p11817-metallic-red_1.jpg

Mine it works super easy, I will take some pics later tonight of it in use, found it pretty easy,
Where did you order oil seals from?

15 mins isn't to bad, I take my time as well, better to make sure it all gets together properly.

Oil seals; from a car dealer, Yeomans, (heavy on Toyota) in Brighton, UK.
(the spare part manager there has sorted me out several times with spare parts that Toyota Thailand is not able to deliver)

Well if you say 15 minutes/valve ain't too bad maybe I shouldn't complain, but my expectation would be kind of 2 minutes/valve.
I got pretty frustrated with clamping on the plier then playing with knitting pins and mini screw drivers to get the keepers in place, and stay in place when the plier was released.

Putting keepers in place in the retainer before compressing the spring never worked, the fell off during compression.
Tried oil/vaseline/grease in order to get the keepers to stick, did not work, didn't try glue though.

Oil seals; from a car dealer, Yeomans, (heavy on Toyota) in Brighton, UK.
(the spare part manager there has sorted me out several times with spare parts that Toyota Thailand is not able to deliver)

Well if you say 15 minutes/valve ain't too bad maybe I shouldn't complain, but my expectation would be kind of 2 minutes/valve.
I got pretty frustrated with clamping on the plier then playing with knitting pins and mini screw drivers to get the keepers in place, and stay in place when the plier was released.

Putting keepers in place in the retainer before compressing the spring never worked, the fell off during compression.
Tried oil/vaseline/grease in order to get the keepers to stick, did not work, didn't try glue though.

Ahh okay, I will hit up a lexus or Toyota dealer here.

15 mins including moving the clamp, setting and compressing ect, 10-15 mins if you take it careful. I rather spend the extra on it...

My clamp or "plier" releases nice and slow, twist at the bottom so its got slow movement, If I struggle to get them in I will prob try Vaseline on them

Just one idea re colours.

Keep the colours relatively light, that makes it easier to spot potential leakages of oil and/or water.

I was going to keep light but not to much of a fan of light, I went white valve covers mainly cause I had white powder sitting around to use,

The one valve cover I will have to sand back again due to welding on a -16 an bung to the PVC, going to run a catch can on it.

I hate when when shit (parts) are all over the place, so went and bought a storage wall thingy, bin wallet thing?
esq9o8.jpg

So melvinmelvin this is how I took my valves out, seem to be able to adjust/back them off slowly, so when installing the new retaining clips should be a bit simple? We will find out haha
ok7kvt.jpg
dfuhl0.jpg

And this is where I back it off slowly
6qe802.jpg

Anyone have advice how to remove the seals, and the spark plug tubes?

30xj02t.jpg
21brojr.jpg

For removing the seals I used a fiarly long nosed pair of pliers made for the purpose.
Bought it on Amazon. Worked brilliantly.

The spark plug tubes I didn't bother to remove.

For removing the valves/springs;
I did not use the big valve pliers tool.
I used a magnet to lift the knocker-box? (the cylinder that the cam hits)
Then an ordinary socket with an extension for pressing down the spring, a wee knock with
a small hammer and the keepers came off.

(the challenging bit (for me at least) was putting it back in place)

Last edited:
Patrick1uz;

Have talked around. Nobody in my surroundings were familiar with powder colouring engine parts or metal bits.

This powder colouring, is it a bit like sand blasting? Dry powder you blast with high pressure? onto the parts?
Any heat treatment or done cold?