O2 Sensors HELP!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Holmsey

Hi all, I have transplanted a 1993 Lexus LS400 engine and trans into my 1960 Ford F100 pickup. I am getting about 10mpg so suspect the oxygen sensors. The ones I have are the bolt in type with 4 wires. I have a spare 1995 engine that has the stainless exhaust manifolds (ones on Truck are heavy cast) more like a tube shorty header they have the more usual screw in type oxygen sensor.
I have fitted the later stainless headers but the O2 sensors are diffidently knackered, checked them with an ohm meter no continuaty through the two black wires.. So here is where the problems are.

If I buy new O2 sensors that fit the later headers will they give the correct signal to my earlier ECU?
I am struggling to find any sensors that match the numbers on any of my O2 sensors.. so thinking of just getting some 4 wire Lexus ones for a 95 and hope they are same as the ones off my 95 engine even though the numbers dont match.. what advice can anyone give me?
Cant use Reg as the donar cars have been scrapped HELP!!!!!!! ;o)

Using the correct sensors is very important on these engines. Early ECU's use a Oxygen sensor(0-1Volt) whereas the later engines swap to a Air flow ratio sensor(0-5Zvolt). I swap out generic aftermarket sensors all the time due to incorrect heater wattage and incorrect application. Whats your ECU number? Ill try to find the stock part number for you.

Hi thanks for offer of help much appreciated. The numbers on my ECU are 89661-50160 the original Lambda sensors are bolt in type and I cant find them anywhere. So I have changed the exhaust manifolds to use screw in type.

The ones I have bought are these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330757121710?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The numbers on my (if they are the original) Lambda sensors are 89464-50030.... they bolt in not screw in. Cheers

Looking at the ones you brought they are for a 94-97 which is the gen 2 engine(sequential injection,hotwire afm) which run a lambda sensor.

Going from your ECU number I list part number 89465-59015 front and 89465-50050 rear.

Your part number doesn't work for me but I tried 89465 (oxygen sensor generic start) 50030 and found some remote listings. It makes sense that 030 is a oxygen sensor as 010, 020 then 040 though to 090 are oxygen sensors.

Are the bolt in ones in the manifolds for the exhaust pipes? Ive never seen bolt in sensors in 1uz but i have in some other toyotas though. Bosch do an adaptor with some of their kits which a bolt on flange with a screw in centre.

With the sensors I always check their operation and monitor it using a scan tool. It's pretty easy to see if they are working correctly. If the incorrrect ones are fitted they flat line.

Yes my sensors do bolt into the exhaust manifolds. my later I guess gen 2 engine had stainless tube type exhaust manifolds so I have bolted then to my gen 1 engine so I could use bolt in sensors. So will the ones I have bought give a false reading to my ECU?
"Bugger" knew I should of waited. Just trying to get it sorted for a show in two week.
Will sensors with 89465-50010 - 60 work with my ecu?

Last edited:
I would be looking for the correct number or which cross over to the correct number.

89465-59015 seems quite unique to your ECU on factory listings so Ive looked a bit deeper. Your ECU comes out in three model numbers. One is singapore spec which runs only that Oxy part number and the other two run that part number only if they are singapore spec also. The others also run 89465-50010 (general spec) which is a normal oxygen sensor number. Common too. Normal sensor but the lexus run a slightly different heater to many other vehicles and it's frequently the heater circuit which causes codes. Ive seen failed sensors with an operational heater and no code.

Id be going with the 89465-50010. They are normal oxygen sensor with a 3.4ohm heater. The ones you ordered are very different. The correct ones should be easy to find. Common UCF10 LS400 / Toyota Celsior sensors 8/92 through to 9/94.

Ive been lucky lately that I go to my box of secondhand ones and have found ones which work. About half are stuffed due to age which is expected. I generally are dealing with Jap spec engines but have wired a couple of the 89661-50160 ecu's. Funny enough Oxygen sensors and wideband sensors have been a common repair lately and half the time due to incorrect fitment as they have the same plugs and people swap at random.

Hopefully this is helpful
Good Luck

Thanks for your Help. I have ordered a pr of 89465-50010. They are a Bosch ones hope they are an ok make. My old ones have continuity through both black wires with no resistance so guess that's not good ;o)
Cheers Bud!

Hi again, well my local parts store managed to get me the Bosch equivalent of the 50010 sensors.. but they are the cut to fit ones. Would you use these type? I told him I didn't want them and wanted the direct fit ones (OEM style).. He is struggling to find any. But will let me know tomorrow if he can get me any direct fit ones..

Fitted and showing no codes for them.. but is showing fault codes for the rear (Sub) ones I don't even have.. I am sure I read somewhere you wire the rear ones to the front ones.. if you do where will I find the wires to connect to the Primary O2 sensors?

Wiring rears to the fronts is a bad idea. It does get rid of the codes but causes other issues. Having rear codes present makes no difference to the running of the engine.

Hello Diana

I'd need more information before I could offer any advice other than I never recommend splicing them together. Manufactures don't do it that way. More info is helpful. Cheers