sc400 X-pipe and stock mufflers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It should sound clean without mufflers as long as you incorporate a good X pipe. I have never actually measured the dB levels but you'll be gaining quite a bit. I have long tube tri-Y headers, x pipe and 2 straight through tanabe canisters and its mellow at idle but WOT sounds like an absolute beast. If your looking for the best sound as well as power gain, I would reccomend a Burns stainless X pipe. they make world class exhaust components. They arnt cheap but you will make some awesome gain with it.

Im in the process of moving out of my apartment and moving back to CA so if I record something it will have to wait a little bit. Best bet is to try youtube and search for straight pipe sound clips. If your still undecided when im back home, i'll try and record something for ya.

There was a guy on club lexus that just added 2 long 6 foot pipes from each stock header... no balance pipe, no mufflers, and man it sounded horrible... VERY horrible. I think if he x piped it, it would have mellowed out quite a bit. I have also heard a straight pipe system with only a single muffler (2 in/ 2 out) with a built in x-pipe and it sounded very clean.

The video sound quality is garbage. Thats the downside of youtube... usually some kid with a 2MP camera recording loud exhaust clips. A sign of a good sound vid wil be high resolution for the vid. Also, the tanabe mufflers will be a bit quiter than a true canister but not by much. In the vid he never revved higher than like 3-4k which isnt enough. It needs to be revved to redline or even better, recorded with the car moving, as load on the engine will produce a slightly different sound. I'll keeo an eye out for any clips close to mine. I should be moved back in a week maybe 2 at the latest.

The video sound quality is garbage. Thats the downside of youtube... usually some kid with a 2MP camera recording loud exhaust clips. A sign of a good sound vid wil be high resolution for the vid. Also, the tanabe mufflers will be a bit quiter than a true canister but not by much. In the vid he never revved higher than like 3-4k which isnt enough. It needs to be revved to redline or even better, recorded with the car moving, as load on the engine will produce a slightly different sound. I'll keeo an eye out for any clips close to mine. I should be moved back in a week maybe 2 at the latest.

Sounds good, can't wait to hear from you again! :D

Any luck bro? :)

Just moved home from CO yesterday. Im on my way out the door but I have a camera packed in one of my boxes somewhere so i'll record my system for reference. The specs on my setup:

RUSH long tube tri-y headers
mandrel 2.25" dual
magnaflow hydroformed x-pipe
dual 2.25" IN/4" tipped canisters (no name brand in stainless)
no cats or resonators

Vince: I just tried using my digital camera for the sound clip but it came out real raspy when I stomped the pedal. It doesnt sound any where near as raspy when heard in person. I have a better camera packed away in my moving boxes and when I find it i'll update this with a MUCH cleaner clip. My car is also running on fumes so i'll need to give it another shot with some gas and a better camera or camera location. If you noticed... it studdered when I fired it up and its so low on gas its prob why. However, when I was slowly bringing the revs up the sound was accurate. I would say very similar to the mustang cobra dohc exhaust note. The X pipe is the secret to a solid sounding system w/o the respiness.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd87/spf_lexus/?action=view&current=MVI_0709.mp4

I'm running a 3uz in my 90 supra.
0B81805A-5090-4085-8505-9E257BE2E34C_zps0hml57ad.jpg

My exhaust is 2.5" pipe with an x-pipe right after the trans. Then it transitions to a y-pipe just before the differential and a single pipe up to the 2.5" free flowing magnaflow muffler. Sounds really good but just a little raspy around 5k rpm. Might install two resonators just before the x-pipe.