Gs400 98 1uzfe vvti bank 2 off

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

don ali

hey guys, I have a problem, since I fix the starter on my GS400, the bank 2 is off, and I have good coils tested and sending spark in the engine, good spark plugs, clean and tested injectors (good positive and negative pulse), clean TB, clean air filter, and tester every single sensor and wire. the only thing left behind is the knock sensor. so a knock sensor can turn off an entire bank?.

PD. thanks for all the info in the forum.

there is some information and the codes from the torque app.

codes. Screenshot_2017-02-13-16-19-12.png engine OFFScreenshot_2017-02-13-16-16-52.png and engine ON Screenshot_2017-02-13-16-17-15.png

Multiple misfire
1 try to swap coils and plugs between the faulty cylinders and some other ones and see if the misfire dtc will move along with them or not
2 check intake air leaks

thanks George, The coils are fine, I just replace all the vacuum lines, but I'm going to check tomorrow using some starter fluid and see what happens.

well, I just check, and test everything around whit some starter fluid, and nothing, so I will have to take out the intake manifold again and check everything down there.

Good luck.
Another good option is to check that coil wiring can deliver enough power (21W bulb between +12V and E1 of each coil)

finally I found the problem, the bank 2 fuel rail was empty, so I need to find out why its happening, maybe the missing gaskets, or maybe I need to clean the line al the fuel pulsation damper.

actually, I cant found the right washer, so I'm gonna try using other cause now I installed 4 new, and now the car is fine at idle, but only can go at 3000 rpm and then is going too lean again. so I'm gonna try different washers and check the fuel pressure at the fuel rails. thanks you guys for your help. by the way the fuel pump its new and tested.

thanks for the pic gloverman, watching mine, I think my upper washer its been very thigh to the bolt, and I cant remove it, so I'm gonna have to remove the washer from the bolt, and see what I can do for make it work, cause I cant find the exact washers here in my country. so I been thinking about drilling a hole trough the bolt, or just remove a few millimeters of material from the bolt and have more room for the fuel. what do you think about it? and thanks again for your information and support.

I just finish it, its working, but whit the new fuel pump, I feel more power in the 1000 to 3000 rpm, and now I cant feel the vvti givin me that kick to the seat. I have to change the oil and try again. thanks for everything gloverman and george_r

hey guys, its been a year since this solution, but now, the same side of the engine, is eating spark plugs literally, already 8 sparks plugs have fail in the same side, 4 regular type, and 4 platinum, I'm not sure if the problem is whit the fuel dampener in the rail? the washer can cause to much fuel delivery in the rail?

Have you checked for any fault codes again and checked the trims of the oxygen sensors. A fault with an oxygen sensor could cause too much fuel on one side. Also check the VVti solenoid is working. Ive replaced a few now.

well, the vvti is showing a code some times I have to check if the code is for the same side, and it shows some misfires. but only in one side, Im going to check for wire problems and the vvti solenoid, the O2 sensor are working. also when the plugs are new the cars runs perfect, but in about 4 months start to misfire.