Recent content by V8MX5

1. V

1UZ Legacy. Supercharger will not boost over 3.5psi Help.

Picture showing intake manifold during the fabrication process. And bottom picture after we got it running.
  2. V

1UZ Legacy. Supercharger will not boost over 3.5psi Help.

Im stumped. Customers car in at work. Supercharger will not go over 3.5psi Specs are as follows. Stock LS400 series 1, 1uz engine with stock headers. Megasquirt ECU with RX8 injectors and wasted spark ignition set up. TBS "the blower shop" Billet 671 Supercharger. Running a 30 tooth crank...
  3. V

Hi from Australia.

Hows this all coming along.
  4. V

1uzfe gt 42 into gemini wagon

And i thought my 2JZ Gemini coupe was cool. How are you going to put all that power to the ground ?
  5. V

1UZ Conversion in NZ

What area are you based ?
  6. V

Carb conversion

Im also curious to know if anyone has fitted a carby and used the factory ECU to run the ignition. How did it go ? Did it work ? Looking to do this myself.
  7. V

Subaru Legacy wagon

This car is now certified and has been for over a year now. Still a daily driven vehicle. Has been a good reliable cruiser.
  8. V

Anyone thought of ITB's with 89-94 Maxima Dual TB's?

What a good dude. Looking good. Will have to post some pics of my set up once its done. My engine is going into another mx5 project.
  9. V

Subaru Legacy wagon

Hello, i built the legacy for a friend. I have not seen the car for a while so unsure if its been certified as of yet. The place where i did the engine conversion had a certifier working 1 day a week. He over saw pretty much all of the work that was done and was happy with it. But in saying this...
  10. V

Im not fussed about performance. Its all about the looks and sound. Im going to stick 8 trumpets out the bonnet should look and sound awsum. I usually never listen to anyones advice and do what i want and make my own mind up. The world would be a boring place otherwise.
  11. V

Heres a picture of the set up im making. The throttles are not mounted. Im having adapters made. But it gives you a basic idea.
  12. V

1UZFE hiace help if u please

I know your question wasnt directed at me but yes the rules are getting stricter over here. I recently went for a cert on my 1UZ 1986 toyota cressida and got failed on emisions !! Had to fit the factory oxy sensors to allow it to pass. I have performed many engine conversions over the past 10...
  13. V

1UZFE hiace help if u please

Second that ! Absolutly nearly anything can be built in NZ providing things are done safely. I think one of those new hiaces with a 1UZ would be awsum. Would be interesting to know if those new hiaces have the same bellhousing bolt pattern as a R154 gearbox ? Anyone know ?
  14. V

1UZ into Mistubishi FTO

Its crazy what prices you guys have to pay for cars over there. You can pick up a good FTO over in NZ for a few hundred $$$ Where i live you can find them on peoples front lawns with grass growning round them. Nice idea about converting an FTO. Could be an idea to measure up how wide the front...