Recent content by stevechumo

1. stevechumo

fabbing 1uz turbo manifold questions

I haven't been back here for a long time. My comment was 10 yrs ago. Lol.
  2. stevechumo

FMU advice needed

I really don't remember.
  3. stevechumo

FMU advice needed

I actually still have the whole car and setup. But after I swapped to a new SC shell and got 95% done, I got busy and didn't have time to finish it.
  4. stevechumo

FMU advice needed

The AEM from the Supra works perfectly. The only thing that I am not 100% satisfied is that after I insert the key in the ignition, I have to wait for about 10 seconds for the AEM to initialize, then I can start it.
  5. stevechumo

FMU advice needed

Ha ha! I just got bored, so my memory brought me back here. I'm still with the V8 1UZ and 2UZ community.
  6. stevechumo

FMU advice needed

I had run FMU 12:1 with turbo on my SC400 with boost at 6 psi for a long time without issue. My friend is running supercharger at 6 psi on his LS400 without issue. I'm an old time member here, got busy, so I didn't log on here for a long time. :)
  7. stevechumo

Soon to be new owner of 92 Lexus LS400

What performance parts are you looking for?
  8. stevechumo

1UZ Legacy. Supercharger will not boost over 3.5psi Help.

Does the manifold plate restrict the flow evenly? It looks like it blocks/separates the front and rear ports.
  9. stevechumo

Thickness of alloy sump

The oil pressure might be too much for the turbo. I blew a turbo without the oil feed restrictor. Putting it inline and fixed the issue.
  10. stevechumo

V8 Supra MK3 1UZ Twin Turbo from Germany - Part II

I like the dome manifold. It's kind of unique.
  11. stevechumo

supercharged sc400 running rich

The fuel injectors from Mazda RX7 turbo year around 88-89 are 460 cc/min and also with high ohm. They're the cheapest working solution. But make sure they're cleaned/rebuilt.
  12. stevechumo

DO NOT take cheap cross drilled rotors to the track!!

I don't track my car, so I can't say for sure if the pad material has anything to do to heat up and crack up the rotors or not. However, I use drilled/slotted R1 rotors (cheap) with ceramic pads and they're fine for streets. Maybe if semi-metallic pads are used, they gets hotter than ceramic...
  13. stevechumo

My car on The Smoking Tire

Nice build!
  14. stevechumo

TT 1UZ-FE update

They're still great runs nevertheless. 20 psi is a lot of air for the 1uz. lol.
  15. stevechumo

Time to get serious (supercharged SC400)

It's a good setup there, KC. I know you're pushing it hard. :)