Recent content by samsdad

1. samsdad

1uz air con error code 72

Took a bit of finding but code 72 comes up as "Fuel cut solenoid" or "Fuel pump control" fault. I've never had an issue with this one as I trigger the fuel pump relay from the FPR pin on the ECU. From memory the Soarer run another ECU to run the fuel pump and in all honesty it's been so long...
  2. samsdad

1uz air con error code 72

If it's wired correctly then the Hilux A/C amplifier will be controlling everything. Should there be a fault in the A/C then the light in the A/C switch will flash. Now I suspect that you are getting code 27 which is the sub O2 sensor code. Now the earlier UZZ31s didn't have the sub O2 sensors...
  3. samsdad

89 LN130 2 Door Conversion Wiring Pt1

Widebody = Factory flares and alloy wheels. I've actually sold it now after some idiot tried to buy his wife a 120 Prado then liked it too much. Now to save you a lot of grief I have the factory wiring diagrams not only for the V8 Soarer engine but also the Surfs including the "ECU" for the...
  4. samsdad

89 LN130 2 Door Conversion Wiring Pt1

A couple of things to add to your shopping list are the V6 4runner (Surf) hand brake lever and front cable plus the instrument cluster out of the same as it gives you a cleaner look plus it's easier to get the tacho working with the V8. Where possible I also try to use the V6 4runner fuel tank...
  5. samsdad

34,22,16,28 ECU pin out needed

Don't panic I found the post... What's the part number on your ECU? 89661-***** There's a few different ones but I've got hand written ones for UCF21 Celsior and UZS157 Crown (non VVTi) that I decoded from halfcuts for Hilux/Surf conversions. To find the fuel pump relay wire the 1996 LS400...
  6. samsdad

What Floor Shift Can I Use On 1UZFE Auto

While mine is a 4wd I just used the stock Surf auto shifter and linkages. I've got a 2wd one yet to do but there I'll be scouting the wreckers to find a 2wd hilux one and console
  7. samsdad

DO NOT take cheap cross drilled rotors to the track!!

Just a point to note as I'm in the brake game now after taking over a workshop 5 months ago... 99% of disc rotors are now from China. Spend the money and buy "name brand" so you have recourse on the supplier should the product not stand upto its intended use. This means you need to go to the...
  8. samsdad

AC mag clutch and ECU wiring question

The ECU also increases the idle speed when the compressor is running
  9. samsdad

7MGE injectors in your trucks

They were "Plug and play" that is fit them and enjoy. Only problem that I had was some young guy who'd been after the truck for years turning up when his wallet went "Ding" and waving a large wad of cash in front of me. Currently building another one
  10. samsdad

7MGE injectors in your trucks

I ran them in my Surf with a stock UZZ31 Soarer ECU. It gave better throttle response, power and even used less fuel during normal city driving
  11. samsdad

1UZ speedo setup with RF1A t-case. Help.

There's actually 3, two on each end of the auto which send inputs to the transmission side of the ECU then the speedo drive on the tail housing which is the one we are talking about here. it provides input to both the speedo and VSS in the ECU without which it won't shift gears properly
  12. samsdad

Help

I recently had a UCF21 engine which was doing the same thing, stock ecu and in a Hilux and it has the sub O2s fitted. After going thru the process and finding nothing essentially chasing my tail and wasting time and money I opened up the ECU to find a leaking cap and damaged tracks on the PCB...
  13. samsdad

1UZ speedo setup with RF1A t-case. Help.

these work perfectly and screw onto the speedo cable drive http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330484087437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  14. samsdad

Pinout for Ecu 89661-50170

78 is fuel pump control, they usually fire that when they sense that the fuel pump computer is missing
  15. samsdad

Oh dear

Yes just been speaking with the last owner. They're glad that that "Smokey" has gone to a good home. I mean hell she is that original that I have all the original delivery papers and full service history