Recent content by ngdave11

1. ngdave11

Help with Head and Deck Height Measurements?

Another Head I was able to document. 91 LS400
  2. ngdave11

My Head porting development

What happened.... no more data?
  3. ngdave11

1UZFE Bottom End

Thanks for the info... I did my SB 350 years... ago, but nothing like this. I guess I'll see them when I get into the bottom end...
  4. ngdave11

no they didn't. I'm kinda new to all this, and with me asking a bunch of questions when picking it up, he kinda was ready for me to pay the bill and go! lol It kinda sounded like it would be a very little amount, but i wish i had asked that now. If or when I take the other one in, I'll make sure...
  5. ngdave11

1UZFE Bottom End

Thanks for the info... I think I can handle the 6 bolt mains with this info. but I haven't opened up the bottom end yet. "Thrust"? Where is this and can you give me details on how to check this? Are they magnetic or how do they stay in there?
  6. ngdave11

WoW... no postings? This come from 94 SC400 Just got this back from the machine shop, Valve job & decked *Disclaimer* I just got my measuring tool, but I did several measurements. RH Front RH Back LH Still on block unmolested as far as I know.
  7. ngdave11

1UZFE Bottom End

I have a question about the Main bearings... I've searched & searched but can not find the specs to plastigage / check to make sure the main bearings are within spec? I found the torq spec 84ft lbs. I found the con rods spec: std = .027-.053mm /.0011-.0021 in, Max = .065mm /.0026" & torq 18ft...