Recent content by Limey

1. L

Engine runs for a few seconds then dies

Gloverman, I came across you being mentioned on another site that said that you sold 1UZFE connection info, which I think will be useful to me. Do you still do it?
  2. L

Gloverman, thanks yet again for your valuable insight. I have read the link, and it sounds like the same problem I have, same symptoms, same ecu. So I feel certain that it’s an immobiliser problem, but I have unwittingly key and any associated module. So it looks like new ECU time. I’ll try to...
  3. L

I’m using US diagrams because I can’t get hold of UK ones. My donor vehicle was April 96, which I presume is a late non VVTI. The car is long gone, so I can’t trace how the immobiliser was connected, I think it must be more complex than just interrupting the starter circuit, and the extra...
  4. L

Gloverman, thanks for the advice. I’ll check the oxygen sensor’s wiring shortly. However, most intriguing is the code99. If the ECU is showing an immobiliser fault, would that cause my engine problems? How does the ECU know there is an immobiliser fault? On the (USA) electrical schematics I...
  5. L

More info, and some questions for you good people to answer please...... Engine Fault light now working, and showing following codes: 21 - Main oxygen sensor signal (on left bank) 27 - Sub-oxygen sensor signal (on left bank) 28 - Main oxygen sensor signal (on right bank) 29 - Sub-oxygen sensor...
  6. L

It’s been a while, but I back on this problem now. I found that the capacitors in the ECU were leaking, so I have now replaced them all. Tried to start today, same thing. The endings fires, runs smoothly for a few seconds, at about 1000rpm, then the revs build to about 1400 and the motor stops...
  7. L

Buswhacker Thanks for chipping in... The ECU number is 89661-50310, and it has dark grey plugs and sockets. More info: On my ECU the "E11" 28 Pin connector has a Red/White wire on Pin 11, and I don't know what its for. On the US wiring schematic it shows a Brown wire on Pin11 that is engine 0v...
  8. L

I haven’t wired in the underdash diagnostics socket, reason being that I haven’t got access to an OBD1 reader. I still have the socket from the donor car, and could wire it in if needs be. I’m fairy certain that the immobiliser does not connected to the ECU. The ECU, loom and the AFM are all...
  9. L

I have checked the (USA) circuit diagram and the anti-theft circuit has an output enables the starter solenoid, in other words, the engine will not start if immobilised. My donor car hasn't got OBD2, but I have got the engine mounted Lexus diagnostic socket wired in. I have run the diagnostics...
  10. L

Back to this project at last.... I have checked the cam timing but it’s correct. One issue I haven’t resolved is that I have a wiring diagram for a 96 North American spec LS400, that mostly matches my uk loom, but not quite. There are some different coloured wires on ecu connector 11 for...
  11. L

Answer my own question .... Air Flow Monitor. I’ll check the connections.
  12. L

Thanks for the advice Gloverman. I have grounded the ignitors, and when it does run its on all eight, smooth and even, so I think I can eliminate the coil or injectors as being the issue. What does the AFM do?
  13. L

Hi everyone I need some help to diagnose some starting problems. I have transplanted a previously perfectly operative 1uzfe from a 96 LS400 into my 50s Chevy pickup, and I excitedly tried to start it for the first time today. It starts, but only runs for a few seconds. If I open the throttle...
  14. L

Wiring Diagram for 1996 LS400 wanted

Thanks for your advice, but I managed to get the data I wanted from Mitchell 1 in the States. It cost me $19 for 1 months subscription for those who are interested.
  15. L

Wiring Diagram for 1996 LS400 wanted

Hi I am building a mid 50's chevy pickup truck with a LS400 motor, gearbox, cruise and instrument cluster, all from a UK pec. car. I have a complete wiring diagram for a '94 LS400, but there is very little tie up between the wire colours and connector arrangements. Can any of you good people...