Recent content by kc95sc400

1. K

Parts F/S Vortech V-2 S-trim SQ

Still have this, make offers.
  2. K

Vortech Supercharger wastegate idea

The trick is to use a weak spring and 2, computer controlled 3-way vacuum switching valves to control the wastegate.
  3. K

Parts F/S Vortech V-2 S-trim SQ

Perfect for supercharging an SC400. Will also include an LS400 fan bracket which is needed to bolt on the "fish" bracket. Will post some more pics later tonight. Also know that my car is supercharged with a Vortech and I have all the knowledge needed to make it work. I have measured bolts...
  4. K

Gone COP, runs good....but.........

I may take you up on that at some point but I don't think the coils are the problem seeing as how it has the same exact problem with the COP setup or the stock 2 coil 2 dizzy setup. I have one more thing I might try yet, don't have much hope to be honest though. Did I mention a rep from...
  5. K

So I (again) officially give up. Didn't work worth a sheot with it triggering through the stock igniters. Acted like one of the coils was dead. Quadruple checked my wiring and couldn't find anything wrong. Re-connected back to stock and no problem. The only thing I can think of, which I didn't...
  6. K

If I want to make one last ditch effort on this and try using the stock igniters with the AEM box, how do I wire it? Power to the igniters like normal. ECU trigger wires to the igniters. The wire normally for the coil ground to the AEM trigger wires? Just want to make sure.
  7. K

So hooked up the box using the otherwise stock ignition system. Same result. Miss at 3000rpm. 2900rpm, ok. 3100rpm ok. Everywhere else, ok. Just 3000rpm. On the highway in 4th with the TQ converter locked up it was outright bucking. Tried swapping plugs as well, using the other half of the...
  8. K

If it did kill the box that would prove it more a POS, LOL. I would think it would be fine. The MSD boxes run 8cyl distributed engines on a single channel firing every 45 degrees. My 8cyl with 2 distributors being run with 2 channels would have a firing event every 45 degrees but each channel...
  9. K

Be just like it is now but the ECU would trigger the AEM box instead of the stock ignitors. Using two ECU IGN channels and two channels of the AEM. Stock wires, coils, dizzies. Like the example on page 14 of the AEM manual.
  10. K

Do you think it would be worth trying the AEM box along with the otherwise stock system. I'm almost curious enough to try it to see if it has the same problem. Then I could always play around with COP later.
  11. K

Time to get serious (supercharged SC400)

I have been slacking on updates I know. Have been trying to get a COP setup working and have had nothing but issues, have gone back to the stock ignition setup for now. Have the NEW Vortech V-2 Si trim bolted on. Haven't been able to drive it due to the ignition issues, will probably get a...
  12. K

Got the stock ignition back in. Haven't driven it yet but I'm not concerned. Starts and runs like a champ. Should say that I have not had any issues with the stock ignition, just got a hair up my arse and thought an upgrade would be good. Not saying I give up completely but giving up for now...
  13. K

Adaptronic is usually pretty helpful. The coils are not bolted down but they fit very tightly in the holes. Make a nice pop when pulled out. No tech specs other than physical dimensions. LOL I think I'm officially giving up. Went to drive it. Was still hell to start. Was actually...
  14. K

Voltage hasn't really been an issue BTW, I had it jumped to my wife's van for awhile. So I've been playing with the dwell. At 500 us it runs good but won't start. So I started adding 5 and trying to start it. At 530 it starts ok and runs good. At 535 starts ok and runs good. Going to keep...