Recent content by Holmsey

1. Holmsey

Totally Dead!

Thanks for the reply. I sorted it after messing with ignition switch, relays etc. Then after calming down and thinking rationally.. It was a loose positive cable where it enters the positive terminal on the battery it must of been arcing for a while as it was black. Fixed now.. Just got to see...
  2. Holmsey

Totally Dead!

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a 1993 LS400 engine/trans in my 1960 F100 pickup. Doesn't tick over when first started but fine once warm. So today I have just come to sell the Truck and the truck starts on the button as it always does. I'm sat in the truck with the excited...
  3. Holmsey

Engine Swap

Hi I have a 93 LS400 engine fitted to my 1960 F100. I also have a 95? LS400 engine. If I use the inlet, fuel rail etc from the 93 is the basic block the same? Reason is I have the ECU all wired and running on the 93 but tappets rattle and leaks oil from rockers. So thinking if the block heads...
  4. Holmsey

No power to starter

I will just fit a complete new one, should of done it when I had the motor in bits.. Oh well Ha Ha... More work.
  5. Holmsey

No power to starter

Ok Cheers. Is this a seperate part, or is it a new complete starter?
  6. Holmsey

No power to starter

If there isn't anything built into the ECU that would cut off power to the starter. Must be the neutral safety switch. I used it yesterday and started everytime no problem and voltmeter was still saying 10 - 11v, hard to trace a fault when it is intermittent.. Doing me nut in!!!
  7. Holmsey

No power to starter

It's the voltmeter gauge on my dash showing 10v. Tests 12.5 at my ignition switch input, but only 10v to every other terminal on my ignition switch. Ive changed the switch but its the same. My next step (though I have no idea what I am doing) is to pull out fuses and see if the voltmeter shows...
  8. Holmsey

No power to starter

Hi All, if the ECU don't see 12v, will the ecu not send power to the starter? My 1UZ motor thats in my old pickup starts first crack every morning. But every now now and then there is no power sent to the starter, its totally dead. All the lights, fuel pump etc etc are working ok, there is just...
  9. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

All sorted now. Found a better unmessed with front loom with sensors and decent plug in connectors. Looking at it best I could see, it is right that the wires are all joined together as my old one. What my old one was missing was another earth that goes to the Cam sensors guessing that is what...
  10. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

All sorted now. Found a better unmessed with front loom with sensors and decent plug in connectors. Looking at it best I could see, it is right that the wires are all joined together as my old one. What my old one was missing was another earth that goes to the Cam sensors guessing that is what...
  11. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

Oh right that's nearly as much as I paid for the whole car, so way out of my budget as much as I would like one ;o)... The only part I suspect as dodgy is the loom that goes to the three engine sensors. Would you be ok just giving advising me im right or wrong? The 6 pin plug that goes to the...
  12. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

Hi Gloverman can you have a look at this video of my wiring see if you can advise me if i'm on the right track ;o) This is an updated video, thanks for any help you can give me.
  13. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

It's not been cut off, just some of the wires were cut to fit LPG by the previous owner. The tape (Poorly done) was a quick fix as the outer plastic covering the wires has cracked, showing bare wires. Needs a new front loom really.
  14. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

Where have the replies gone?
  15. Holmsey

Where's this wire go?

Proper entertaining that Gloverman.. Just the right amount of Humour too. ;o) I will get the loom on me bench see what I can work out. I've had an ongoing starting problem for years that keeps coming back to haunt me. Will start every time for yonks even a year, then all of a sudden without...