Recent content by eicca

1. eicca

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I've nailed down the biggest issue with the Quantum tuned ECU: why the car will suddenly launch itself forward after upshifting to 2nd gear. The VSC is overriding the throttle to prevent wheel spin off the line. This happens on the stock ECU too, but with the stock throttle maps it's barely...
  2. eicca

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Installed my ECU today. The difference is incredible, however there are some concerning issues: 2-3 and 3-4 upshifts are very lurchy under light throttle, regardless of mode. Brandon says this could be a bad ECU. It hasn't improved at all after an afternoon of test driving and I'm worried it'll...
  3. eicca

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

Order has been placed with Quantum Auto! Getting a rebuilt and tuned ECU so it's just a swap, pair and go procedure (as long as my VSC software matches up). Soon I will have a 2006 GS430 F-Sport.
  4. eicca

OEM 3UZ ECU TUNE/FLASH

I'm seriously contemplating getting a second ECU for my 2006 GS430. I definitely want the ECT PWR mode to be as aggressive as possible. But I'd like the car to stay reasonably calm in normal mode. Is it possible to alter just the VVTi tuning, make the transmission a little more refined and...
  5. eicca

Trying to find an article on the 3UZ... help?

Thanks! I found those docs and back-traced to the docs I was looking for! Huge help. Thank you again.
  6. eicca

Trying to find an article on the 3UZ... help?

Years ago I found an official-looking document that detailed everything that was changed on the 3UZ from the 1UZ. Things like valve diameter, head bolt strengthening, different piston material, things of that nature. I cannot find it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about? In my faint memory...
  7. eicca

2UZ plastic intake successfully installed on GS400

An update, several years later... Now that my Lexus is healthy electrical-wise (a whole nuther story) it's noticeably quicker than my uncle's immaculately-maintained GS430. Maybe the intake makes a bigger difference than I ever realized.
  8. eicca

Intermittent signal loss from all four 02 sensors

I was underwhelmed by the V8 when I first bought it, but now it’s got quite the muscle. Very impressive motor, especially at 223k miles.
  9. eicca

So I replaced the MAF plug three weeks ago and the engine has run fabulously ever since. Fuel trims are all staying within 2% of idle, with .5-1.5% variance between upstream O2 sensor readings. Everything is working as expected and the car feels sooooo much better. The torque comes on nice and...
  10. eicca

A650e feels very weak

It's the 25A EFI fuse in the block right in front of the battery. Small disclaimer, I used a 30A fuse because that's all I had on hand. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but maybe try it just to replicate my experiment exactly.
  11. eicca

A650e feels very weak

I should update the resolution on this. Turns out the 25-amp EFI fuse was bad without actually being blown. Before you get out the pitchforks, I've removed and reinstalled the original EFI fuse dozens of times and reset the ECU dozens more with just the battery terminal. Never made a difference...
  12. eicca

Toyota Sequoia 2UZ-FE Engine Swap

It would probably be a lot more cost-effective and reliable to just sell the vehicle you have and get a vehicle with the engine you want, to be honest.
  13. eicca

3uz Reflash

Great, just another excuse to keep dreaming about a GS430 manual swap :)
  14. eicca

UPDATE: I think I have traced the problem to the MAF plug. It seems like every time I mess with that plug, whether it's for cleaning the sensor, checking the air filter, or whatever, the fuel trims correct themselves for a short while and then gradually slide rich again. That's the one common...
  15. eicca

I have, and the only one I can’t actually get to is the one that the ECU and O2 sensors ground through. It’s on the back of the block by the firewall. It’s labeled EC in the service manuals. I can speak from experience though, when that ground does get bad the whole car goes bananas. It went...