Recent content by autronic

1. autronic

CAD drawing for intake manifold flange

I'm finally done with my finals.... Ok, about the intake for the Hayabusa ITB's. I had a look at it earlier today and there is a major issue, the Hayabusa ITB's are to tall. Let me explain. The Hayabusa ITB's are tall, this + the intake adds up to interference between the two banks of ITB's...
  2. autronic

Wanted WTB: 1UZFE "U2" auto bell housing

4U2QUIK: Thanks, but I'm after a U2 bell housing for a special application and the adapter plate for it I'll do myself.
  3. autronic

Wanted WTB: 1UZFE "U2" auto bell housing

As the title says, I'm interested in a "U2" auto bell housing, the one that have the engine tilted about 7 degrees vs. the auto box. Anyone ? - Trond
  4. autronic

CAD drawing for intake manifold flange

Guys, sorry for not replying, but I'm busy with finals until June 5th.
  5. autronic

Parts Ross pistons, Argo rods, Cometic + ARP

ash: The Ross pistons are 83.00 mm bore ( + 0.50 mm over stock ) and the pin diameter is 22.00 mm. The Argo connecting rods have the same dimension as a stock rod, hence "stock replacement fit". cribbj: Yup, the MOT won the first round but not the match, 'cause "I've got a cunning plan" :cool:
  6. autronic

Parts Ross pistons, Argo rods, Cometic + ARP

I'm selling all my 1UZFE performance parts. There is a couple of reasons for doing this, first I'm tired of fighting the Norwegian MOT to get my car road worthy. The second is, I'm going back to school ( Uni ) on the 16th and time to play will be restricted by this. The parts are meant for the...
  7. autronic

1UZFE into Ford Sierra XR4x4

And the final one for now. If you squint your eyes, you can see that the exhaust out from the turbo will go thru the crossmember. Since the turbo sits so low I will have to use a pump to return the oil to the sump.
  8. autronic

One more pic showing the placement.
  9. autronic

A status update. I mentioned in an earlier post, that the Norwegian MOT would accept a test from an independent source like TÜV or DEKRA, not so. I managed to open a channel into a DEKRA branch 60 km outside Berlin, and had settled the specs I would have to build the car to in order to get it...
  10. autronic

Lexus v8 in Sierra

Hi marnusn, welcome to the forum. About your questions: 1. The Type 9 gearbox will fit to the 1UZFE auto bell housing with an adapter plate. I have a drawing of this, send me your e-mail address as an pm and I'll send you the drawing. The problem with the Type 9 gearbox is the strength ( or...
  11. autronic

Custom 1UZFE Flywheel in the U.S.

4U2QUIK / cribbj: For clutch parts, both stock and custom, talk to South Bend Clutch.
  12. autronic

Lexus v8 in Sierra

Welcome Barry. I have done a lot of work on a 1UZFE conversion into a Ford Sierra XR4x4 and the conversion is possible both in RWD and 4WD form, of course it's easier as RWD. From what I know of Ford Sierras in South Africa I presume it will be RWD. You will have to make your engine mounts...
  13. autronic

1UZFE Flywheel

cribbj: A clutch for the Supra 6 speed gearbox is easy, first decide what clutch cover you want to use and then get a clutch plate made with the correct splines, South Bend clutch is excellent when it comes to this. kollide What gearbox do you plan to use ? Will it be a street car only /...
  14. autronic

To you other guys doing xUZFE in Sierra's/Mercur's: The engine bay is wide so getting the engine in is not a big problem, the main problem is the sump. I have never seen a rear sump "live" but from pictures I doubt you can use it, so you have to run a custom one. Engine mounts is not a...
  15. autronic

A bit of grave digging ( sigh, old tread... ) zrx-fighter, merkur, xr4man and cthommes, please enable your private message functions... Anyway, back to the fun and games with the Ford Sierra. Basically, the 1UZFE bit of the project is dead. After fighting with bureaucracy and getting...