Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
At least the major parts are done. :arms: No cats, no resonators, and only big mufflers with nearly straight pipe. That's hardcore. Many people don't know big body mufflers absord the sound wave really good and they can trim down the noise tremendously. Your car maybe really loud under WOT, but hey, it's a powerful V8 with deep tone and roar. I'm sure it'll sound like a muscle car. After it's done, you may ask someone to drive it while you drive another car next to it, I bet you anything that you'll love how it'll sound. When you drive, you might not know exactly how powerful it really sounds outside. How about 1 more month for this car to be on the road? And 1 more week for it to be completely tuned for the final goal? :icon16:

Parts of the car have now been painted...The chassis will be painted tomorrow, and the assembly and wetsand and buff will be completed next week.
The hood has been cut for both AM Vents, but the molded edge liner has not been done yet. The front bumper and Big Win Lip Mold have been nearly completed. The rear stock antenna has been shaved. The rear wheel wells have been rolled, but not curved out. Everything is coming along very well. Here are some high res pics:
Picture013.jpg
Picture014.jpg
Picture015.jpg
Picture011.jpg
Picture012.jpg
More to come...
Ryan

The front bumper looks nice and clean, but I'm afraid it'll crack where the lip and the stock bumper mate. The bondo is very easy to crack. I had put some bondo on my rear bumper made of fiberglass and with just a hit on it, it cracked.

Thats why I always got scared when i came up with some good cash and started seriously thinking about kits.... the "what if's" started flowing and I never ended up getting one lol.

The front bumper looks nice and clean, but I'm afraid it'll crack where the lip and the stock bumper mate. The bondo is very easy to crack. I had put some bondo on my rear bumper made of fiberglass and with just a hit on it, it cracked.

Hey Steve, I had that concern when he and I FIRST discussed it, and I do not think so...He did not use Bondo. He used a urethane filler, and he reinforced the bonding area quite a bit. He showed me where the whole piece can be twisted quite a bit, and no cracks. The filler is just like the urethane bumper, and flexes and bends, it is not stiff like regular bondo. He has done this many times before...He has done several custom jobs, and he has never had one come back cracked. Even when it was whacked pretty hard.

Ryan

Thats why I always got scared when i came up with some good cash and started seriously thinking about kits.... the "what if's" started flowing and I never ended up getting one lol.
The 1 piece kit is fine and it's very durable. I never had any problem with body kits.

Ryan,
If you already tested out, then I wish all the best for you with it. I always like to mold a lip to the stock 97 bumper to make it clean and nice, but I'm always afraid of cracking. The stock fitment is the best. Anyway, get it done and roll!!!

Well gang, I just got back from the paint shop, and I took a few pics. The paint looks phenomenal...Just a few more days, and I will pick up my car and take it home. It is mostly assemble, the rear fenders are cut and rolled, the brand new OEM front windshield and the brand new rear glass are installed, brand new moldings, etc. It is coming together...What a looooong project...
NP32.jpg
NP34.jpg
NP35.jpg
NP32.jpg
NP36.jpg
More to come...
Ryan