1977 celica GT liftback 1UZ swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

Well, I haven't stated yet, it will have to wait till probably next year(or my wife will probalby divorce me) but I plan to do TT 1UZ swap with either VVTI heads, or 2UZ heads.

Here is the car though, this will be my daily driver until then.

celica.jpg

For this classic ride, I would consider supercharger instead. If you can get 400 rwhp, it will be a blast to drive. Since its pretty light.

No way man, I am going all out. 800hp+ Although I am thinking of using a 3UZ block and boring it out and using a 2UZ crank, and use either 3UZ or 2UZ heads. I am pretty sure AEM supports VVTI for the 3UZ heads. So I guess after that, you really couldn't consider it a 1UZ anymore, but for starters, I will just do a plain jane 1UZ.

Even better! I'd love to see that thing when you're finished with it! With the 3UZ block and 2UZ crank, you should see a very nice and broad powerband. You'll never have a shortage of power, even if you keep the 1UZ block and crank. Either way, keep us updated!

I sold the celica about a year ago. I figured, before I start on another project like this, I need to finish with what I already have(almost done too).

After that, I think I am going to build a Factory Five GTM with a twin turbo UZ motor instead.

I sold it for $1,000 with my 20R EFI conversion. Pretty cheap.

It got totalled out a couple months later when some lady ran through a stop light. I found that out when I went back to the guy and offered to buy it back.