T56 billet bellhousing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
How much abuse can the T-56 from the LT1 take? I would love to go this route, the T56 is a great transmission. However as far as I know the tq handling capabilities are in the 450ft/lb range. And last I saw the really beefy Tremecs cost as much or more than a 160/161?

From what I have been told a T56 in good condition and with a 26 spline input shaft, will take 600 lbs/ft.
As always there is people running more power thru they're T56 transmissions and there are people destroying
gearboxes with a stock engine.

I have not heard back from the manufacturer yet, I know he's been abroad and has been delayed back.

I'll let you guys know when I hear from him.

i dont think the issues is what sort of abuse these box can handle, its more what flywheel, clutch kit and bellhousing to use, as this gearbox is found as standard fitment to the Corvette, Camaro, GTO, Firebird, Cadillac, Holden, Ford Falcon V8, Ford Falcon Turbo 6, Mustang, Cobra, Dodge RAM, Dodge Viper and Aston Martins.

these transmissions come with Electronic or Cable driven speedo, 9 different ratio options, 8 different gearshift positions, 10 spline Ford, 23 spline Ford and 26 spline GM input shafts, 27 spline GM, 31 spline Ford and 30 spline Chrysler an different lenght input shafts as list before in pass post.

The T-56 has a synchromesh made up of brass synchros for the GM and Ford applications, and stainless steel in the Dodge application.

here is a link that explains the different version of this box, an in what car?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg-Warner_T-56_transmission

The T-56 has been succeeded by the Tremec TR-6060 transmission which does have greater strength than the T-56.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tremec_TR-6060_transmission

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

so we need one made for the dodge one or the new tr-6060 were these hold 600 ft lbs of torqe were the lt1 or f body t-56 is only good for 400 ft lbs cant you just make this a little longer to accomadate the longer input shafts. i know you dont want to have to mess with the trans tunnel but it might be worth it for the extra insurance..imo what do you think????

Can pre 2008 Dodge Viper internals be used with a short shaft tranny? Those cars have much greater amounts on torque in N/A and turbo application than the uz family. How many splines do the short shafts have?

Guys.

Before you all go off on different tangents let's see if my bellhousings turn up from the manufacturer.

If the worst happens and the manufacturer does not come through, all is not lost.

I now have the correct bolt pattern to two different T-56 front housings ( Chevy and Ford ) and I also
have a connection that can get me 405 mm 6061 aluminium blanks for a nice price. The only fly in the
soup is the size of the thing, my machinist can only deal with max 340 mm pieces, so all the blanks has
to be center bored/machined out manually to 260 mm ( the inner dia. of the hole on the T-56 end).
After that the machinist can get it on the maching centre ( and run with all safeties disconnected :eek:).

The picture shows the latest version of the 1UZFE to T-56 ( LT1 ) bellhousing. I also have drawings ready
to suit the LS1 input shaft length + Viper input shaft length, but again let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Attachments

• 1UZFE to T-56 LT1.jpg
    1UZFE to T-56 LT1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
This is how the 405 mm plug should look like after all the manual machining has been done, it's a lot
of aluminium to remove !

Attachments

• 405 mm plug.jpg
    405 mm plug.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 30
The first picture shows the T-56 end and the Ford and the Chevy bolt patterns.

The second picture show the 1UZFE engine end bolt pattern.

The pictures are not to scale.

Attachments

• T-56 end.jpg
    T-56 end.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1UZFE end.jpg
    1UZFE end.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
my buddy does cad design and works at a large facility do you have all the info maybe i can get them done here in california ill ask if he has a machine that goes that big? and how much can you get the blanks for?

tom steele:

Let's just say that the price is very nice and leave it at that. Shipping blanks over to you is a no go, it will be
bad enough to ship a finished 5.8 kg bellhousing to the US, a 65.0 kg blank will only cost an arm and a leg....

i here you. sorry didnt really look at where you were before i asked ill look around here i am sure i can find them for a good price here ill look into it this week. thanks by the way for all the info and speedy replies. dont mean to bother you just trying to get this figured out for the community. and i figure if we can get all the questions out of the way before its made it will be a better product for everyone.

tom steele:

Let's just say that the price is very nice and leave it at that. Shipping blanks over to you is a no go, it will be
bad enough to ship a finished 5.8 kg bellhousing to the US, a 65.0 kg blank will only cost an arm and a leg....

So uhh 2 years later and I wanna see if there is a final product to this or not lol

Hi, if there is still interest in the T56 to Lexus bellhousing, can be sourced from South Africa in various configurations including flywheel.
Other gearbox options as well.