PDA

View Full Version : Crown UZS131 wiring diagrams are here.

VH 1UZ-FE
05-31-2004, 11:16 PM
KDOG,
I have a 1991 model crown royal saloon. I am unsure what the UZS131 is that you were referring to. My engine is the 1 UZ-FE. are the diagrams u posted the same for the 1UZ-FE?

Thanks

thefastj
06-01-2004, 06:30 AM
Crown Royal Saloon = UZS131

its the code for them.
so if you have a motor from a Crown Royal Saloon...then they are the diagrams for you. :)

VH 1UZ-FE
06-01-2004, 07:48 AM
has anyone tried out these wiring diagrams?
are they 100% correct? if not, what changes need to be made

Zuffen
06-01-2004, 04:59 PM
The diagrams are accurate.

I did my conversion and used KDogs pinout diagrams and the car started first go.

I also obtained diagrams from a few other sources and they re-inforced what KDog had provided.

The thing KDogs diagram don't get into too deeply is the speed control for the fuel pump.

They are on the diagram but for more indepth information look in the tech section of this Site. The Soarer layout is basically the same and you can see the interrelationship of the closing circuit, speed control and master relay easier.

There are a couple of items on KDogs diagrams you probably won't have in your vehicle (exhaust flap for one) but don't worry just don't connnect anything to it. Basically you have around 12 wires to connect to get the car to run. From memory 4 earths, 3 lots of power, starter solenoid and some fuel wiring.

With the ECT and ECU. Cut all wires running between the two and discard the ECT and it's loom. Insulate all wires out of the ECU you cut (those between the ECT and ECU) and your home safe.

Give it a go it isn't as hard as it sounds. KDog and co have done all the hard work for us.

Dreamkiller
06-01-2004, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Zuffen]With the ECT and ECU. Cut all wires running between the two and discard the ECT and it's loom. Insulate all wires out of the ECU you cut (those between the ECT and ECU) and your home safe.QUOTE]

So the ECT isnt needed at all?
Is this the case if you arent using an aftermarket computer?

KDog
06-01-2004, 10:24 PM
The ECT isn't needed if you aren't using the auto.

If you are using an aftermarket ECU to control the engine you can't use the ECT to control the gearbox. The ECT gets the signals it needs from the ECU not directly from the sensors so it isn't possible to use it. If you still wanted full automatic function then yout could use an ECT from an older car such as a cressida which has an ECT which will take signals directly from the sensors.

The speed signals for the ECT (SP, SP1, SS1, SS2 and SSC) aren't accurate in my diagrams. I will update them when I get a chance. The best way to wire these up to is to replace the speed sensor (20pulses/revolution) with the type that puts out 4 pulses/revolution and wire it to the SP1 input on my diagrams. Please correct me if I am wrong someone as I am going from the top of my head.

Dreamkiller
06-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Thats what I thought KDog

Are the fuel pump relays part of the main loom from the dash or are they mounted in the boot near the fuel pump?

Also, SORRY GUYS, but with the ignition side of things it looks like there are 5 wires needed for ignition.
1 from the exhaust temp/check engine lamp switch
1 black/red one from ECT26pin (presuming this is main ignition wire)
1 from econ/power switch which interconnects to blck/red wire .
1 from ignitors
And 1 from the fuel injectors.
Are all these wires needed?

Thanks ALOT!

Zuffen
06-03-2004, 06:13 AM
Dreamkiller,

Depends what your engine came out of.

If you have a Crown the relays are in the fuse box in passenger side rear of engine bay (in Australia or NZ) and a Soarer SC400 the control is from the ECU to a control unit in the passengers rear quater panel. If you have a Crown you need the resistor mounted on the wheel arch in front of the fuse box.

We need to know what you have to give any real advice.

Dreamkiller
06-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Its a Crown, so i wont need to add any relays to wire up the fuel pump.

elhsupra
06-06-2004, 10:20 AM
I apologize for hijacking the thread, but could somebody acquire this crown ECU for me for a reasonable price or point me in the right direction. I am in the states and its kinda difficult to get those parts here. Currently working on a 92 LS400 engine into a 82 MA61L Supra with a R154 tranny. Thank you in advance.

Zuffen
06-06-2004, 04:27 PM
elhsupra,

I did some ringing around the other day for Lextreme trying to locate a crown ECU and loom for his dune buggy.

No luck. All our importers know what they are worth. The only way I could get one was to buy an engine and take it off that. A bit expensive.

I would put a post on this site and toymods looking for the ECU and loom. You will need both or at a pinch the ECU and plugs off the loom for the ECU.

You may have more luck in NZ where the engines are cheaper and the Dollar is worth less than the Aussie Dollar (yes that IS possible).

Another option is bsee of this Forum. He is based in Malasia and they seem to end up with a lot of Japan's cast-offs. Maybe Crown bits are available. Try a PM you never know.

elhsupra
06-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the help! Everyone has really helped alot on this group and hopefully in a month or so a MA61 will come to life with quad cam power. Thanks again for the wiring diagrams!

Lextreme
06-11-2004, 07:19 PM
Kdog,

Where can I get a complete Crown Repair CD? I would like to make a library of manauls for Lextreme.

KDog
06-15-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't think there is one.
There may be a Japanese one but there would be no english one available.
Apart from getting a Japanese person to get one from Japan for you I can't think of any other method.
I may have a crown ECU around somewhere. Not sure if there is a complete wiring harness. Has been a few years since I touched it. If you want I can have a look.

bluespoon
07-01-2004, 03:19 AM
k dog
i read the FAQ on the triptronic devive u were talking about and it also has 2 gboxes it will run, mine is electronicaly controlled but my gbox serial numbers dnt match either of the ones u descibed will mine still work?

KDog
07-01-2004, 04:54 PM
What engine was this gearbox behind????
What sort of speed sensors did it have, two or three pin ones and which side of the gearbox are they on?
What type of shaft coupling is on the rear of the box, is it a splined shaft type or the rubber coupling type?
What was the serial number on the box, they don't match the Toyota names for the box?

V8Celica
08-14-2004, 04:48 AM
I was just looking at the wiring diagrams and I can see the fuel pump gets power while the engine is cranking from pin 11 on the 22 pin connector but I can't see an input that tells the computer the engine is cranking.
Did I miss something or what’s the go.

Zuffen
08-14-2004, 08:31 PM
The pump pressure is raised when cranking and drops again when idling and driving in low power situations.

Don't worry the computer knows what is happening.

1uzHilux
08-15-2004, 12:36 AM
V8Celica,
The crank angle sensor picks up that the engine is turning.

There's a whole lot of magic in the ecu box that makes it all happen - quite remarkable really.

n

BradW
05-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Hi Guys,
The links to the diagrams don't seem to work, can anyone give me new links, or possibly send me the pdf's - brad@ridge.co.za

Thanks

Brad

sideshow
05-06-2005, 02:45 AM
hey elsupra

what types of plugs does the loom have

an old crown has 2 plugs and a 3rd goes to dash area

an ls400 ecu has 3 plugs and 4th goes to dash area

i have a spare ls400 ecu for sale if thats the one your after
im not sure if later model crowns used an ecu similar to ls400
like a majesta

i just wired up a late model 1uz think is was a celsior same plugs as a soarer 1uz

i know above it sounds like an easy job

this was into a 90 model hilux bloody thing took me 8 hrs from start to finish

alot of people think its only 5 or so wires

gettin engine running is only 1/3 the task
i can have most engines running in an hr

just gettin all the other externals to work is the time consuming part

elhsupra
05-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Sideshow-
Thanks, I have the LS400 harness. Was actually able to find a used LS400 ECU locally. Your right getting it running was pretty easy. I still have not finish wiring all the externals yet. Havn't even started on the AC yet. But it running and pretty smooth. Posted a copy of the first dyno over on the Exhaust Clarification thread. The only real issue I have to work out now is the idle. I think the TPS needs adjusting or the ISC is going out since its starting to idle @1100 - 1300 and sometimes surges between 800 and 1300.
Thanks for all your help

Peewee
05-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Can someone reupload these diagrams or send me them?
Ta

Lambo
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Hi Peewee, is this what your after.

Regards
lambo

Peewee
05-30-2005, 11:50 PM
w00t, cheers.

Zuffen
05-31-2005, 03:37 AM
David,

Can we make these a sticky or perhaps a tech article?

Peewee
05-31-2005, 03:41 AM
I think they should just be added to the lextreme.com/misc.html page.

KDog
05-31-2005, 08:48 PM
the URLs have now been changed so the diagrams should load.
I changed ISPs so my old account and web address was shut down.

I can make the thread sticky if people think it is appropriate?

Peewee
05-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Sticky away

Or cut and paste all the important bits and send it to Lex to be made into a tech doc.

edz
06-02-2005, 10:55 PM
GT,

The blue 6pin plug belongs to a steering shaft speed sensor. (See earlier post this section) If you look on the rear of your indicator/wiper control switch assembly you will find this sensor, it just looks like a black disc screwed to the rear of the assembly. The SSC wire also goes to this sensor. (Maybe you can trace this wire too) Mine has a 6pin plug, but only 5 wires. I need to connect my engine harness back up to see if the black and orange wires are a powered or receive a signal from the vehicle speed sensor.

It may send a signal to the power steering control unit which is located under the dash.

I think I have worked out the speed sensor problems with my conversion. Look on Classicrown in the electrical section for the post by Kuchie. I have found a speedo with a speed sensor built-in and found some more diagrams and I think this system should work.

Cheers,
Shane.

Look on Classicrown in the electrical section for the post by Kuchie? Is this a website? Sounds like it ewill have some useful info if we know where it is?

- just searched google and found it - http://groups.msn.com/classicrown/yourwebpage.msnw

Tonyd
12-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm just wiring up the first of the LS400 engines into my Cobra replica and am wondering if there is an simple guide available for wiring up the the combined ECU and ECT used on the LS400.

The information on the Crown is very useful but a few pointers on the wiring used from guys who have transplanted the LS400 and its auto box into other vehicles would be very helpful and save me from a headache or two.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tony

jay_ipr
11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
i cant get the links near the top of the page to work...the crown wiring is excatly what im after, any help?

Muzza_NZ
11-20-2008, 04:50 PM
try the second page

Peewee
11-20-2008, 05:13 PM
As above.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25058&postcount=39

Detomaso17
08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Hello,
The wiring diagrams for the Crown UZS131 Roayal Saloon can be found here. There are pinout diagrams and the schematic diagrams for the engine ECU and the transmission ECT. I cannot gaurantee they are 100% correct.

ECU wiring schematic PDF (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~russell.koehne/Crown/UZS131ECUwire.pdf)

ECU pinout PDF (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~russell.koehne/Crown/UZS131ECUpin.pdf)

ECT wiring schematic PDF (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~russell.koehne/Crown/UZS131ECTwire.pdf)

ECT pinout PDF (http://members.optusnet.com.au/~russell.koehne/Crown/UZS131ECTpin.pdf)

Hope this helps with your conversions.

Cheers

edit: Change URLs to current web addresses due to ISP change.
hi mate,
those links to the crown wiring pdfs no longer work.
can i get the from anywhere alse on this site?

Peewee
08-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Try the post directly above yours.

Detomaso17
08-27-2009, 01:19 AM
thanks mate got it! hopefully i can make some sense
of what i'm missing of my wiring!

cribbj
08-27-2009, 04:04 AM
Fixed the broken links in Kdog's post to point to the PDF's on Lextreme

killalux
10-10-2009, 05:39 AM
I am after diagrams for the uzs131 ECU and ECT, no of the links I have tried seem to go to the diagrams, Does someone have them to re-post or email them to me at killa_kustoms@live.com.au

Thanks
Steve

sideshow
10-14-2009, 05:03 AM
make sure all wires between engine ecu and auto ecu are connected

plus u need a converter for the either one of the speed signals

on a crown no speed signal goes directly to the ecu like the isngle ecu 1uzs
u need to do something

im going to fix some cokheads car this week
its from bathurst area
its been to 5 different guys and still not changing gears
i really wanted to say pissssoff cause i offered them to bring it to my shop
but they declined
then a friend somehow got involved in fixing it and didnt get to far so i am going to fix it

anyway make sure its all correct or learn some diagnosing skills

the single ecus are piece ofpiss
can do em with eyes shut
crowns are abit involved but not imnpossible i have to think abit

killalux
10-14-2009, 05:39 AM
thanks sideshow,
I have sorted most of it out.
I was under the impression that the speed sensor that usually goes to the speedo could be used for the ecu? I know that the 32P? can't be used. Do you sell the converter to use the speedo sensor signal into the ecu.

Thanks
steve

sideshow
10-15-2009, 03:11 AM
i have printed of the japanese alphabet
and trying to half translate stuff on the crown workshop manual
its fun heheheh scriblbes everywhere
but from when i wired up my 1uz with 2 ecus i had both sensors connected
but u only need one to get it to change gears
if u fit these and still no gear changes then u have wired something wrong
remember there is 8 to 10 i think ( id have to check)wires from auto ecu to engine ecu

one speed sensor goes to speedo then to ecu
2nd speed sensor goes to abs then ecu
so no sensor goes directly to ecu

i sell correct sensor for going directly to ecu
its only for the crown boxes
the other speed sensor u need a black box

if u dont run one of them u will get ecu warning light and auto warning light coming on

if u dont run the other one u might get the auto warning light on
which is the overdirve light if u have one

Slant
07-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Hello everyone.
Looking for wiring diagram for Toyota Crown GS131 1G-GZE. (1991).

I want to install digital board.
Want install it.
http://www.doubleyoudigital.nl/imgsold/digidash_toyotacrown.jpg

Instead of.
http://www.interq.or.jp/blue/v200/cra7.jpg